One of my favorite parts of my recent trip to the Orlando/Kissimmee, Florida area was where we stayed. Although we were kept VERY busy all day long, having a comfortable, homey place to return to every night was an unexpected blessing. Two of my house mates and I took advantage of the hot tub each of the 5 nights we were there, to relax our aching muscles and have a little extra girl-talk time.
I loved Global Resort Homes so much, in fact, that within a week of returning, I had already convinced my husband’s entire family to meet us down at Disney World for Thanksgiving this year. I’m excited to bring my family, and I know that staying at a rental home versus a hotel will make our stay so much more pleasant. I can’t wait!
10 reasons to stay at a Global Resort Home during your Disney World trip
- Global Resort Homes are affordable – particularly for a huge family like mine that needs at least 2 hotel rooms. Current prices in the neighborhood I stayed in range from $122-292 per night (depending on the property size. Prices also go up for peak seasons). Global Resort Homes also manages other neighborhoods a little further away from Disney that offer even cheaper prices per night. I was amazed.
- Neighborhood amenities to enjoy (Such as parks, a private movie theater, a gym, and larger pools with water slides)
- They are not time-share properties – ie, no sales pitch to sit through. Global Resort Homes won’t even bother you…unless you call them for a need.
- Each home has it’s own washer and dryer – a necessity for those traveling with children who tend to go through multiple outfits a day on vacation.
- Separate bedrooms for everyone – ok, I suppose I’ll still have to share the king sized master bedroom with CandyMan…but only two in one room is a big luxury in MY house! Global Resort Homes has homes with up to 6 good-sized bedrooms!
- The convenience of a full sized kitchen – having a place to prepare food, even if it’s just having a bowl of cereal before heading out for a day of adventure, is a huge time and money saver for big families like mine.
- A private screened-in heated pool and hot tub to yourself – need I say more?
- Space!! Hotels are fun but the whole idea of cramming 7 of us in a small space for several days is not appealing. Global Resort Homes are spacious and allow everyone to have their spot to escape, chill, and renew.
- Location – the neighborhood I stayed at is only 1 1/5 miles away from Disney World. It’s close enough to drive back home for lunch or a quick nap.
- A home away from home – Global Resort Homes really do feel like home. Ok, they feel WAY better than home, to be honest. From the gorgeous decor to the space to spread out, it’s wonderful to have a place to escape to at the end of each day.
For more information about Global Resort Homes (and to book your next vacation) visit:
Disclosure: I stayed at a Global Resort Homes property as part of the #DisneyGlobalEvent press trip for the movie Chimpanzee, but all thoughts and reactions are my own.
© 2012 – 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.