Move over Valentine’s Day…February 5th is World Nutella Day.
I find it hard to believe that only a few years ago I hadn’t even tasted Nutella. Now it’s a house staple. We typically eat Nutella spread on warm English Muffins or bagels, but it is absolutely divine with fresh fruit. Here are two Nutella recipes that you will love.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Nutella
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until creamy and smooth.
- Add vanilla, egg, and bananas and mix with a hand beater.
- Add flour and baking powder until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Drop Nutella on top of blondie mixture by the spoonful. Using a knife, swirl Nutella through the batter (you can make this as pretty or as messy as you'd like--it will all taste the same!).
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and knife inserted at the center comes out clean.
Easy Strawberry-Nutella Wraps
This next recipe is easy, fast, and absolutely delicious.
These strawberry-nutella wraps are so easy that they don’t even need a recipe. Just follow these 3 quick steps:
- Spread a whole wheat tortilla/wrap with a light layer of Nutella.
- Spread thinly-sliced fresh strawberries on top of the Nutella (you don’t need too many strawberries to make a good impact!).
- Roll the tortillas up like a tight burrito and cut them into 1-2 inch slices. Enjoy!
How are you celebrating World Nutella Day?
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.