I am obsessed with this salad…and it’s not just about the taste (which is amazing, by the way). I am obsessed with how sinfully EASY it is to make.
Which is why I’ve been eating a lot of this salad lately…
Can you blame me?
My husband and I went out for dinner and a movie a few weeks ago, and the only restaurant near the movie theater that didn’t have a 45 minute wait was a pretty basic sit-down burger place. I wasn’t too picky about where we ate as long as we could make the movie…
I ordered a salad for dinner that night, intrigued by the beets (which I LOVE on salads) and the candied walnuts (which I also love on salads). The salad I ordered at the restaurant had grilled chicken on it, but honestly the chicken was the least-impressive thing about it.
I came home determined to recreate the beet and walnut and goat cheese salad at home…and I was amazed at how easy it was to do. And what’s better, it whipped up in LESS than 15 minutes and was perfect for this week’s 15 Minute SALAD theme.
Note: I calculated the Weight Watchers Points Plus value for this salad, and as long as you use approximately 1 Tablespoon of vinaigrette, 1 ounce of goat cheese, and 1/8 cup of candied walnuts, this salad would come in at 7 Points+. Of course, the greens and the beets are 0 points, so feel free to LOAD up on those. You could reduce the points of this recipe by using a reduced fat cheese, a lighter vinaigrette, or switching to a lighter nut.
- Mixed Spring greens with spinach
- Sliced canned red beets
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Candied walnuts
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Add vinegar, olive oil, and honey to a mason jar (or another container with a lid). Secure lid and shake til combined.
- Set the salad ingredients on a plate: spring greens, sliced beets, crumbled goat cheese, and candied walnuts.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and enjoy! OR toss greens with dressing before setting on plates.
The vinaigrette is pretty basic, but if you don’t love vinaigrettes, then try another pre-made dressing. I have also made this salad with a creamy poppyseed dressing which was delicious as well…just a little sweeter than the vinaigrette.
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Vegan Cobb Salad with Honey Poppy Seed Vinaigrette from Around My Family Table
- Carne Asada Sope Salad from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons from Jen’s Journey
- Goat Cheese and Beet Spring Salad from Better in Bulk
- Taco Salad from Liz on Call
- Blueberry Arugula Salad with Honey Drizzle from Songs Kate Sang
- Raspberry Shrimp Salad from Upstate Ramblings
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.