In my kids’ eyes, there’s not much worse than taking a big drink of milk only to find that the milk is not completely cold. Lukewarm milk is more than just an annoyance – it can be a matter of staying healthy and avoiding an upset stomach or worse – food poisoning. According to food safety experts, bacteria can grow in perishable foods within two hours unless you refrigerate them – during the hot days of summer, that time is even shorter.
Keeping cold foods cold and hot foods hot is critical…but how do you know if your foods are being stored at the right temperatures? The new Electrolux French Door Refrigerator helps you do just that.
Check out the Electrolux French Door Refrigerator:
How gorgeous is this fridge?
Kelly Ripa is working with Electrolux to create gourmet popsicles and seasonal artisan cocktails and I’m excited to share one of her gourmet popsicle recipes with you guys.
Blueberry Pomegranate Hibiscus Pops
How to make these gourmet popsicles:
- Start by pouring 2 cups of boiling water over four Hibiscus-flavored tea bags in a large bowl; allow the tea to steep for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in two tablespoons of sugar until it dissolves; set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the cooled tea in the refrigerator (Kelly uses the verstile Perfect Temp Drawer in her Electrolux French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator and adjusts the temperature to a perfect 28 degrees).
- After 45 minutes, remove the tea and combine it with pomegranate juice.
- Add 6-8 blueberries into the mixture (Kelly keeps them in her adjustable, humidity-controlled Crisper Drawers, which keeps fruits and vegetables their best with self-closing drawers that lock in freshness) and pour into individual popsicle molds.
- Freeze the molds for 30 minutes, remove and insert popsicle sticks.
Return to freezer and keep there until solid – approximately 6 hours or overnight.
Click the image below to download a PDF with even more excellent summer-friendly recipes by Kelly Ripa:
Electrolux Perfect Temp Sweepstakes:
Now through August 22, visit www.livelovelux.com and enter the Electrolux Perfect Temp Sweepstakes daily for a chance to win your own Electrolux French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator and a trip to the sunny Abaco Islands in The Islands Of The Bahamas.
For every entry and share, Electrolux will donate $1 to Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) with the goal of reaching $125,000
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.