I was sent a copy of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales on Blu-ray/DVD to review. No other compensation has been received. All thoughts are my own. Amazon affiliate links are used in this post.
I was thrilled when I was invited back in May to attend the red carpet premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. So naturally, I was eager to get my hands on the Blu-ray/DVD as soon as it was available! This past week, I cuddled up under a blanket to watch the latest installment of the Pirates franchise with my son.
It was just as thrilling seeing it for the third time! I highly recommend this newest Pirates movie as an addition to your home movie collection!
Check out my interview posts and movie review here!
About Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is a rollicking new tale of the high seas, infused with all the elements of fantasy, humor and action that have resulted in an international phenomenon for the past 13 years. Johnny Depp returns to his Academy Award®-nominated role as the outrageous, swashbuckling scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow, and is joined by Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Geoffrey Rush.
The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales—the fifth film in the now-iconic “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise—became available on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on September 19, and will be available on 4K Ultra HD™/Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 3.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales BONUS FEATURES
I especially love watching bonus features on movies where I’ve met and interviewed the actors and filmmakers. As I was watching the bonus selections on this Blu0ray disk, I felt like I was right back in the interview room with the stars of the movie. So if you ever want to know what it’s like to participate in a movie press event, just watch bonus features and imagine that you’re sitting in the room with the stars!
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes: Highwayman | Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack | A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb | Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
My FAVORITE bonus features are always bloopers. As a teenager and young adult I would look for the blooper reel before I even watched the feature film. After interviewing these actors, I knew that the blooper reel would NOT disappoint!
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, with the screenplay by Jeff Nathanson (“Catch Me If You Can,” “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”) and story by Nathanson and Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Joe Caracciolo, Jr., Terry Rossio and Brigham Taylor.
The film stars Johnny Depp (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass”), Academy Award® winner Javier Bardem (“No Country for Old Men,” “Skyfall”), Brenton Thwaites (“The Giver,” “Maleficent”), Kaya Scodelario (“The Maze Runner” films, upcoming “The King’s Daughter”), Kevin R. McNally (“Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, “Macbeth Unhinged”), Golshifteh Farahani (“Paterson,” “Body of Lies”), David Wenham (“Lion,” “300: Rise of an Empire”), Stephen Graham (“Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, “Gangs of New York”) and Academy Award® winner Geoffrey Rush (“The King’s Speech,” “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise).
I know Talk Like a Pirate Day has passed, but…isn’t EVERY day a good day to talk like a pirate? Enjoy this fun printable activity!
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.