It’s a new year, which for many means a chance for a new start. A clean slate. I’ve never been a big fan of New Year’s Resolutions, but I do like to start the year off on a positive foot.
This year is already shaping up to be a big one for me, with a new family business launching in a few weeks. Starting a business is a lot of work, which takes both physical energy and brain power. Not only am I realizing that I need to take better care of myself physically to keep up with the demands of running a new business (in addition to everything else I’ve got going on), but I also need to pay particular attention to how I look, since the new business requires lots of pictures (and soon videos!) of me. Eek! I need to have energy left over to be present and available for my family. I need to feel AND look my best.
Now committing to make a change in my eating, sleeping, and exercise habits are not only for my personal well-being…it’s for the well-being of my business and my family life as well.
Making real changes in your daily habits and routines can be hard, and a real, lasting change doesn’t happen over night.
I started 2017 with a phone call with Jenny Craig. We talked about some of my problem areas, like snacking and sweets, and some of the goals I had for a healthier start to the new year. I mentioned to the consultant I spoke with that I’d been having constant knee pain, and was thrilled when she said that for every pound you lose, you relieve FOUR pounds of pressure from your knees.
Together, we planned my meals for the next 2 weeks (including allergies and personal preferences) and put an order in for my food. Then we set up a delivery date and scheduled my first Jenny Craig Anywhere consultant call for after the delivery.
Here’s a little bit of what I’ve learned about Jenny Craig:
- Jenny Craig is a clinically proven and recommended weight-loss program designed to provide structure and support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program takes a holistic approach to weight loss and weight management, focusing on food, body and mind.
- Every member is paired with a dedicated consultant (either online/over the phone or locally in a Jenny Craig Center) who provides them with one-on-one support to identify their challenges and goals, and helps them to create unique weekly meal and activity plans.
- Jenny Craig has more than 100 premium menu items to love in flavors you can’t resist, created by 40 professional chefs.
- Consultants provide education on portion control, healthy eating habits and teach members strategies such as how to combine delicious Jenny Craig Meals and Snacks with Fresh & Free Additions that are rich in water and fiber to keep them feeling full longer with fewer calories.
- Jenny Craig members can expect to lose an average of 1-2 pounds per week, which is a healthy range of weight loss.
- For members who don’t live near a center, Jenny Craig Anywhere offers one-on-one support through consultations over the phone or via video chat.
- Each week, your Consultant will work with you on your menu, discuss any challenges from the previous week and determine a plan for the week ahead. Plus, your consultant will keep track of your success with weekly weigh-ins and teach you how to self-monitor.
When my food arrived, I was so excited – it all looked and sounded so good! Because I keep myself really busy (don’t we all?) the idea of knowing exactly what I should eat throughout the day is so appealing to me. I’ve tried calorie counting before and frankly it drove me crazy. I love being able to look on my menu plan and see what I should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this to stay on track. In fact, as I’ve started the Jenny Craig program (more on that soon!) I’ve found it the easiest of any diet program I’ve ever been on. That by itself is a recipe for success. If something is easy to accomplish, I’m less likely to get discouraged and want to drop it all together.
Have you ever tried Jenny Craig? What was your experience?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.