One of my favorite DIY beauty items to make are lotion bars (check out my other lotion bar recipe here). They are easy to make and give your skin a quick burst of moisture and heavenly scent! This particular recipe for Rose & Lavender Lotion bars is perfect year round to hydrate your skin, but it’s particularly suited for a homemade Valentine’s Day gift.
You just need a few natural ingredients to get started and you will have a handful of lotion bars ready to keep or gift to friends and family. Note: I’ve linked to several of the ingredients you’ll need for this DIY project. They’re affiliate links, so I can earn a small commission should you choose to buy something. You’ll never pay more, though!
How to Make DIY Rose & Lavender Lotion Bars
- ½ cup Shea butter (get it here)
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- ½ cup Beeswax granules (get it here)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil (get it here)
- 10 drops Rose essential oil (get it here or here)
- Silicone molds (I love this one!)
- Place shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax granules in a small pot over medium low heat. Stir frequently until mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in essential oils well.
- Carefully pour or spoon melted mixture into silicone mold.
- Allow to set until completely cool and firm about 3-4 hours at least.
- Carefully remove each lotion bar from the mold and store in a glass container in a cool dark space. I prefer to keep mine in the refrigerator and pull one at a timeout to use.
To use: Rub lotion bar over warm skin (it melts at body temperature) and enjoy the scent and moisture it provides to your skin.
The number of lotion bars this recipe will yield depends on the size of the mold; smaller shapes will make more lotion bars and larger molds will make fewer.
Be sure to check out the rest of these great Valentine’s Day DIY projects
- Food Fun Family – DIY Rose and Lavender Lotion Bars
- Style on Main – Pearl and Leather Lariat Necklace
- How Was Your Day? – Hugs and Kisses Coasters
- Fun Happy Home – Last Minute Valentine’s Gift Idea
- Cutefetti – The Heart Nose Valentine’s Day Printable Gift
- The Eyes of a Boy – DIY Valentine’s Heart Wreath
- Mommy Snippets – Easy Valentine Gift a Child Can Make
- Busy Creating Memories – DIY Upcycle Bottle Vase Valentine’s Day Gift
- Thrifty Jinxy – DIY Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.