I love to cook. I really do. But I don’t always love cooking right in the middle of drop offs and pick ups and homework and practices. It can be a chaotic time for the family, so the more quick and easy dinner recipes I can find, the better.
Spaghetti and homemade meatballs has been a stand-by meal for as long as I’ve been a mom, but this past week I was determined to find a delicious recipe that I could make using chicken and spaghetti sauce. I was inspired by the Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce I had on the shelf, and I decided to try to make an easy chicken cacciatore for dinner this week.
You have got to try this recipe! Not only is it simple (with only a handful of basic ingredients), but it’s delicious….and it tastes like you’ve spent all day making it!
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 6 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken (I used a mixture of chicken breasts and thighs)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 mini bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce (I used Eggplant & Artichoke)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet (I used my favorite cast iron skillet).
- Dip each piece of chicken in a shallow bowl of flour. Cover both sides. Add chicken to hot skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat chicken, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add sliced mini bells and onion on top of chicken. Pour the full jar of Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce on top of everything. Sprinkle with dried basil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and serve over hot spaghetti.
And now for the visual step-by-step instructions:
As simple as this dish was to make, it really did have a “fancy” taste, and I think that can be attributed to the Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce. Did you know that Classico Riserva sauces come in 5 delicious varieties – Marinara, Eggplant & Artichoke, Roasted Garlic, Arrabbiata and Puttanesca – and are made with no artificial ingredients or added sugar?
We’ve tried both the Eggplant and Artichoke and the Puttanesca and love both of them! Full of premium ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes, sea salt, and the perfect balance of herbs and spices, these sauces are a treat for your taste buds. It’s time to “Open up a Bottle of the Good Stuff.”
Enter to WIN three bottles of Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce
One winner will receive three (3) VIP coupons for your choice of Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce. This fun giveaway will run through June 4 at 11:59 pm ET. A winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. Good luck!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.