About a week ago, before my oldest daughter left to go back to college after the winter break, she and I broke out all of our crafting supplies, turned on a movie in the kitchen, and crafted together. What a fun way to end our vacation! Since Kim tends to have better ideas than I do, I happily took a few of her ideas and made them my own. This “I love you because…” dry erase frame was the easiest craft of the 3 that I did that night. It takes just a handful of simple supplies and hardly requires any artistic ability (something I often appreciate!). And best of all – it took less than 10 minutes to make!
- Frame (any style or size)
- Patterned or colored paper (if you use a patterned paper, make sure it’s not too “busy” and distracts from the words)
- Letter stickers
- Permanent marker
- Dry erase pen
- Buttons (optional)
- Hot Glue (optional)
- 1- Cut your paper to fit in your frame (you can trace around the backing of the frame or simply measure the opening and use a paper cutter).
- 2- Place your letter stickers on the paper to spell out “I love you because,” making sure to leave space on either side to accommodate for natural cropping from the frame.
- 3- Using a permanent marker or other pen, add the dots after because… and a “fill in the blank” line below your message.
- 4- Place your decorated paper in your frame and replace the backing.
- 5- Add embellishments to your frame, if desired. I added 4 buttons with a dot of hot glue.
- 6- Display your Valentine’s Day craft with a dry erase pen (don’t get it mixed up with the permanent marker you used earlier!) to fill in your “I love you because…” message. The message wipes away easily from the glass with a dry napkin. If you have trouble wiping it off, simply add a tiny squirt of window cleaner or water to a paper towel to wipe clean.
What message would you leave for someone special in your life?
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.