Easy, Gluten-free Banana Oatmeal Muffins with Mix-Ins
Here’s how you make these banana oatmeal muffins:
Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup nuts, finely ground
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Optional: fresh blueberries or chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Blend about half of the oats in a blender to break them up (you'll get a little bit of oat "flour" this way - the measurement does not have to be exact, as long as your start off with 2½ cups of dry oats).
- Stir together oats, baking powder, baking soda, and flaxseed in a large mixing bowl. Mix in yogurt, eggs and honey until combined. Gently stir in nuts and mashed bananas.
- Pour muffin batter into muffin cups, filling just below the top of the cups. They won't rise much at all.
- If desired, add in a few blueberries or chocolate chips to some of the cups for some variety (we loved having the mix-ins!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through (check for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center. In should come out relatively clean).
- This recipe makes a little over a dozen banana oatmeal muffins, depending on how full the cups are filled and the size of your bananas.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Pages: 1 2