This recipe post and giveaway is sponsored by Cake Boss Cakes but all thoughts – and the glazed apple spice cakelette recipe – are 100% my own. Note: the giveaway has ended, but be sure to check out the delicious (and easy!) recipe!
When I was approached about working on a post with the Cake Boss, I jumped at the chance (ok, I didn’t really work WITH the Cake Boss, but I sure am getting a kick out of saying that the Cake Boss sent me my newest bakeware and cake mixes and frosting). My kids – particularly Reese and AJ – are huge fans of the Cake Boss and I find them watching his shows, TLC’s series Cake Boss and Next Great Baker all the time. They can’t wait for Bakery Boss, premiering in December.
They both totally wish that they could bake like Buddy.
While I have absolutely zero talent for creating “pretty” cakes, I do know a thing or two about making a tasty cake, and I’ve been passing those skills on to my kids (someday they will thank me!). As much as I love baking from scratch, I love finding a good quality cake mix as a base and making it “my own.” I am loving the Cake Boss cake mix and frosting that I got to try out.
Baking is an expression of love – whether it’s baking a cake on someone’s birthday or baking cupcakes to bring into the office on a gloomy Monday.
Baking is also about bringing people together in the kitchen. It is an activity that everyone, of all ages, can participate in and enjoy.
This weekend, I set out to make a cake that was seasonal and delicious AND stunning in its presentation. I think I totally nailed it, thanks to my fun new pan and a box of Cake Boss white cake mix (more on that below) and my super amazing spiced glaze that I use on a seasonal-traditional apple cake.
Baking cakes with a cake mix base is SO easy and it pretty much guarantees a perfect cake every time. In putting together the recipe below, I had meant to add a teaspoon of vanilla but totally forgot (I’m blaming my forgetfulness on the 8 mile hike I had just come back from when I started cooking).The cake was amazing without it, but next time I make it I’m going to add the vanilla. Just thought I’d throw that out there.
- 1 box Cake Box Divine White cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup finely diced, peeled apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp each cream of tartar, cinnamon, nutmeg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cake mix, along with the added spices for this recipe, according to package directions. Fold in apples.
- Fill cakelette pan about ¾ full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes away clean.
- Allow cakelettes to remain in the pan until they are cool to the touch.
- While cakelettes cool, make the glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool before drizzling on cakelettes.
- Going back to the cakelettes – Using a serrated bread knife, slice off the tops of the cakelettes so that the bottoms are uniform and even.
- Remove cakelettes from pan, place on a platter or individual plates, and drizzle with glaze.
Check out new Cake Boss Cakeware collection by Meyer Corporation and TLC, available at stores now. For more information on Cake Boss bakeware, serveware and decorating tools, visit cakebossbaking.com
Cake Boss Cake Mixes:
I am so excited about the new Cake Boss cake mixes and frostings. Check out these amazing flavors:
- VA VA VELVET – Moist, delicious and smooth red velvet cake.
- IT’S YOUR PARTY – Fun, festive and full of flavor confetti cake.
- DECADENT DEVIL’S FOOD – Indulgent, satisfying and sinfully delicious devil’s food cake.
- CHOCOLATE TRIFECTA – Deliciously moist triple chocolate cake made with chocolate liquor.
- PRIMO YELLOW – Moist, flavorful and simply delicious cake.
- DIVINE WHITE – Exquisitely moist, rich and delectable white cake.
Cake Boss Frostings
- WHOLE LOTTA CHOCOLATE – Made with chocolate liquor and two kinds of chocolate, creating double the decadence.
- VIVA VANILLA – A sweet and creamy taste using vanilla extract.
- MEGA MILK CHOCOLATE – A thick, rich and milk-chocolaty delicious frosting with chocolate liquor.
- CRÈME DE LA CREAM CHEESE – A rich, creamy and scrumptiously sweet frosting with cream cheese.
In addition to the new mixes and frostings, the Cake Boss baked good line includes buttercream cakes, fondant cakes and boutique-style cupcakes.
Share the Love Cake Boss Giveaway!
Cake Boss Cakes would love to send YOU the very same package they sent to my house. This giveaway is valued at over $60 and is perfect for all the coming holiday baking. Enter on the Rafflecopter form below before midnight 11/24/13, when a winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. Giveaway is open to residents of the US only. Good luck!
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.