I love an excuse to make sweet treats. And Halloween is such a perfect time for making all sorts of treats.
This past weekend, I made this Halloween candied popcorn just for fun. It happened to be our elementary school’s annual back to school picnic and fun run, so I brought it along as our picnic dessert.
My husband and I sat on our picnic blanket, snacking on our candied popcorn, while our youngest son ran a mile and a half with the rest of the elementary school kids. It was good. My boys agreed (although, to his credit, AJ said that it wasn’t exactly good for him, but he was ok with eating it because he needed to replace some calories after his run. Oy! Kids!). Ok, so maybe it isn’t the healthiest way to eat popcorn, but sometimes a sweet treat is ok…right?
Ready for the recipe?
- 6 cups popcorn, popped and salted (I use my homemade kettle corn)
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Spread popcorn out on cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil. Measure out candies and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate/peanut butter over popcorn. Immediately sprinkle candies over popcorn/chocolate.
- Let candy and popcorn cool and dry (if you can wait to eat it!).
It’s so easy! I wanted to try to make a candied popcorn without using corn syrup (it’s not like this is healthy, or anything, but still….) and I was so pleased with how easy it was to make and how well the flavors went together. This would be perfect for a Halloween party!
Here are the quick visual directions:
Spread popped popcorn on a lined cookie sheet (I used my kettle corn recipe).
Melt white chocolate and peanut butter over low heat and drizzle over popcorn.
Sprinkle candies over the popcorn (they will stick to the melted chocolate as it cools).
You may just end up licking your fingers…
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.