Love good-for-you recipes like sauteed polenta with marinara sauce? Be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers-friendly Recipes!
I love shopping at Trader Joe’s, especially when they have delicious samples for me to try. I’ve been surprised, actually, to find several of my favorite diet-friendly meals and snacks from their samples. Recently, my Trader Joe’s was sampling polenta, which I had honestly never tasted before. I was totally hooked and bought 2 rolls of polenta to take home that day.
This is the super simple recipe that I came up with when I came home. Each slice, prepared this way, is 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. For me, 3-4 slices of polenta with marinara and a little Parmesan cheese is a perfect lunch meal, and since it cooks up so quickly, it’s definitely lunch-time friendly, too.
Sauteed Polenta with Marinara Sauce – Weight Watcher-friendly recipe
- 1 (18 ounce) package organic polenta, chilled
- ½ to 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute* or spices to your liking
- Marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Slice chilled polenta (my slices were about ⅓ inch). Sprinkle both sides with spices.
- Heat olive oil in a med-high skillet; add polenta slices. Heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a small pot or a bowl in the microwave.
- Top each slice of polenta with a spoonful of marinara sauce and sprinkle with a small amount of Parmesan cheese.
Note: I am currently a paid ambassador for Weight Watchers, but this recipe post is not sponsored or endorsed by Weight Watchers in any way. I am just excited to share the fun and fresh new recipes I’m finding and eating while I am losing weight!
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.