I love this time of year! Although this native California girl would be happy to live in a warmer, snow-free state the rest of her life, I admit that I love the way fresh-fallen snow looks. Snow is pretty inevitable in Maryland during the winter, so I should probably just embrace it.
I DID have a lot of fun creating these little wintery scene Christmas cloche candle holders this week. They are the perfect reminder to me that snow can be beautiful and peaceful and festive (and not only cold, messy, and slippery!).
I couldn’t have made these easy Christmas cloche candle holders without the help of Gorilla hot glue sticks! They were the perfect tool to create my fun little craft. We use hot glue for lots of projects around the house, but I must say that I was surprised at how quickly and easily these cloches came together. Each cloche took about 10 minutes to create, start to finish! I was thrilled with how the finished Christmas cloche candle holders turned out.
You’ll be amazed at how easy these were to make! I picked up some cheap stemmed glasses and a few other supplies, and my project was done in about 30 minutes, start to finish!
- 3 stemmed glasses of varying sizes
- 3 short and wide candles
- Small trees and other figures that will fit inside the glasses
- Fake snow (small styrofoam balls)
- Firm cardboard
- Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors, pencil
1. Turn each glass upside down and trace the shape with a pencil on your piece of cardboard; cut out the circles. Lay out “winter scenes” with trees and figures to see what will fit best inside each over-turned glass.
2. Use Gorilla hot glue sticks and your hot glue gun to attach your trees and figures to the cardboard circles.
4. With the “scenes” sitting on a flat surface very close to the corresponding glass, run a consistent bead of hot glue along the entire circle. Quickly and carefully turn it upside down and place on top of the matching glass, Press gently but firmly so that cardboard circle adheres to the glass. Run another bead of hot glue around the outside of the glass where the cardboard and the lip of the glass meet. Let dry upside down.
5. Repeat for the remaining glasses. Allow the glue to cool completely before turning the glasses upside down (your cute winter scene will now be right side up!). Shake gently so that the fake snow falls to the “ground” of your cloche.
6. Place a candle on the base of each overturned glass. Enjoy!
What makes Gorilla Hot Glue so Amazing:
- 5X MORE DURABLE – For projects that last
- WEATHER RESISTANT – For indoor and outdoor use
- ALL TEMPERATURE- Safe for both high and low temperature glue guns
- HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR STRONG BONDING: Wood, Plastic, Metal, Glass and More!
- LOW TEMPERATURE FOR DELICATE MATERIALS: Floral, Fabric, Foam, Jewelry and More!
- 45 SECOND EXTENDED WORKING TIME
- VERSATILE – Works on hard to bond surfaces like metal and glass.
- IMPACT TOUGH®
Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks are only available at Walmart
Connect with Gorilla Glue
- Website: Gorillatough.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/GorillaGlue
- Twitter: @GorillaGlue
- Instagram: @thegorillagluecompany
- Hashtags: #GorillaTough and #GorillaOfCourse
Enter to WIN a $250 VISA Gift Card
Enter to win a VISA gift card worth $250 on the widget below. Good luck! Gorilla Hot Glue Sitcks $250 Gift Card Giveaway
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.