Last week, I posted some pictures of our Sunday night crock pot dinner on Instagram and had more requests for the recipes (for both the butter chicken and the naan) than I was expecting. I found the recipe on Pinterest (isn’t that where all good recipes hang out?) and followed it to Half Baked Harvest.
Because I wasn’t able to find one of the ingredients listed in her recipe at the store and in order to adjust it to our taste and family size, I changed the recipe slightly to what you see below. It really was one of my most popular everyone-liked-it recipes that I’ve made my family in a while – and my husband is a huge fan of Indian food (and a tough critic to please!).
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 4 tablespoons Tikka masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup half and half or heavy cream
- Serve with cooked white rice and naan
- In a large bowl, mix spices, tomato paste, coconut milk, yogurt and cream.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onion to slow cooker, then chicken. Pour sauce over chicken. Add the butter on top of sauce, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with white rice and naan.
You will definitely want to make this naan recipe as well. It is some of the best naan I’ve ever eaten, thanks to the secret ingredient – more Greek yogurt!
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.