I was feeling creative the other day, and my daughter was in the mood to bake, so we put our efforts together and made the most adorable and yummy St. Patrick’s Day mini cupcakes ever!
She baked, and I designed these little festive cupcake toppers on Canva.com. And since treats are better when you share, I’m offering the cupcake toppers that I designed for you guys to download for free.
The baking part is up to you!
Years ago, I blogged about my secret to making the perfect cake. No, it’s not a magical secret family recipe for cake. And not the decorations, either.
No, the secret to making the best cakes and cupcakes ever is in the frosting.
The fact is, I usually use a cake mix. Cake mixes are easy and they tend to turn out lighter than cakes I make from scratch.
What you need to make these St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes:
Note: Amazon affiliate links are used
- A cake mix (plus any ingredients that the cake mix calls for)
- Buttercream frosting (recipe to follow)
- Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Mini muffin tin
- Green mini cupcake liners
- A ziploc bag
- Paper for printing the toppers
- Scissors and tape
All you do is…
- Mix up your cake mix and pour your cake batter into a mini cupcake tin lined with green mini cupcake liners. Bake according to package directions.
- While the cupcakes are baking, head to your printer and print off these CUPCAKE TOPPERS. Cut each circle out. Tip: you may want to print on cardstock for a sturdier topper.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, tape a toothpick to each little circle you’ve just cut out.
- Mix up the frosting recipe, adding a few drops of green food coloring, and spoon a bunch into a ziploc baggie. Cut a small hole into one corner of the bag.
- When cupcakes are cool, use the baggie filled with green frosting to add a swirl of frosting atop each cupcake. Sprinkle with green sugar sprinkles while frosting is “wet.”
- Stick a cupcake topper on the top of each cupcake.
That’s it! St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes accomplished!
Now that you’ve got the cake toppers, do you want my FAVORITE buttercream frosting recipe? This is THE recipe I use on all of my cakes. Once you make frosting THIS EASY and THIS GOOD, you’ll never want to use that canned stuff again.
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.