If you’ve been following my recipes for the past year or so, you’ll know that I have a “thing” for rice krispie treats. For 38 years, I only ever made plain rice krispie treats until – BAM – I discovered that I could add different ingredients and flavors to make all-new, totally unique treats. It has changed my life.
I had an idea for a Valentine’s Day-themed rice krispie treat using Jell-O as the flavoring (I should have known it had been tried before….but I swear, the only other pink rice krispie treats I’d seen before had used pink marshmallows. Yes, I thought I was being unique here…).
You will be amazed at how easy these Valentine’s Day rice krispie treats are – and how different they taste with just a small addition. They are definitely one of our favorite variations now!
(Look closely at the pictures of these strawberry rice krispy treats and you may be able to see that I took these pictures in the middle of a snow storm. Outside. Super fun)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O (powder)
- ½ cup while chocolate chips
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispie cereal and sprinkle with Jell-O. Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray (I like to use a large piece of waxed paper).
- Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over rice krispie treats. Add sprinkles if desired. Let cool completely (if you can).
- Cut into squares and serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap to keep moist. Refrigeration not recommended.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
We are having so much fun today on #15MinuteSuppers! We are all sharing quick and easy Valentine’s Day Dessert ideas that are ready in 15 minutes or less! I know, super awesome right?!?!? So check out what everyone else made this week…
Valentine’s Day Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats from Better in Bulk
Cherry Biscuits from Lizzie Jane Baby
Easy Heart-Shaped Desserts for Valentines Day from Around My Family Table
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake from Just 2 Sisters
Molten Chocolate Cakes from Songs Kate Sang
Chocolate Almond Butter Croissants from Jen’s Journey
Quick and Easy Valentine’s Dessert Skewers from Celebrating Family
Quick Valentine Cookies from East Valley Mom Guide
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
© 2014 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.