I love you, a bushel and a peck!
When I was little, my mom would sing the song “I love you, a bushel and a peck” to me nearly every night. The song and its words came to signify a mother’s love for her kids…and I LOVE my kids!
—->GET THE Bushel and a Peck Printable
I love you, a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck, and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap, and I’m talkin’ in my sleep
About you, about you…cuz
I love you, a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do!
A-do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do
Just the other day, after making this simple little craft (or non-craft, as I like to call it), my youngest son AJ and I went on a walk and sang this at the top of our lungs as we walked around the neighborhood. Now this little wall hanging resides next to my fridge and we sing it to each other daily. I love that a simple craft resurrected an old tradition.
When I made this wall hanging, I used some old scrapbook paper and stickers, but I’ve made it easy for you. All you need to do is print off the scan of my project HERE and slap it in a frame! When you print, make sure to download the PDF version for the highest quality. If you’d rather have the jpeg version, I’ve got that HERE. The PDF has a white border around 2 of the edges which should ensure that the framable image prints out to fit an 8×10 frame. Feel free to resize if you’ve got a smaller frame!
If you’d like to make your own version of this wall hanging, all you need is a frame, some paper (cut to fit your frame), and some letter stickers (plus accent stickers, if desired).
It’s a pretty simple “non-craft” to put together, but be sure to measure out the space you have for each word before starting lay the stickers out. You don’t want to run out of room!
Did your mom sing “love songs” to you when you were little? Do you sing to your kids?
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers. Click around and enjoy!
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side
© 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.