I’ve partnered with Peapod to create this content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The holidays wore me out. Between Christmas shopping for my big family to all of my holiday baking, decorating, Christmas cards, etc…not to mention our enormous kitchen remodeling project that started the day after Christmas, I haven’t had the time to do my normal meal planning and grocery shopping like I normally would. Don’t get me wrong. The holidays were fantastic. But have you ever had so much going on that the normal, every day things felt like they were too much to handle?
Peapod was particularly handy for the week between Christmas and New Years. Thank goodness for a quick and easy solution that helped me avoid yet another trip to the store!
Peapod, an Ahold USA company, is the longest operating and country’s leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Peapod has delivered more than 40 million grocery orders. Customers can order online or on Peapod’s free mobile app for delivery to homes and businesses.
Peapod has all of the grocery store staples you’d find at your local supermarket in a range of categories: produce; meat and seafood; deli items; prepared foods; natural and organic foods; Kosher foods; floral; office and school supplies; seasonal items; pet items; health and beauty aids and value-priced private labels from Giant.
Get tasty recipes from Peapod’s recipe site: http://fromthepod.com/. Not only will you find delicious, family-friendly recipes, but you can place ingredients straight into your shopping cart. No need to bookmark a recipe and write down a grocery list when you head to the store.
We were invited to a New Years Eve party with friends and I knew I wanted to bring an appetizer, but I also knew that I wasn’t going to have much free time before the party. I clicked over to Peapod.com, loaded my cart full of staples and the ingredients I needed for my dip, and then I went about my business cleaning up from our kitchen remodeling project. At check out, I was able to select when I wanted to have the food delivered to my house, or I could choose the store pick up option as well.
I’ve always loved a good hot, cheesy spinach artichoke dip, and I was eager to try making the dip in the pressure cooker (since I’ve been trying more and more recipes in my Instant Pot).
The dip was a hit at home, and I know it will be a hit at the New Years Eve party, too!
I added the hot dip to a hollowed-out bread bowl and used the removed bread for dipping. Note: I would highly recommend getting two Sourdough bread bowls to serve with this dip, or serve on a platter with half bread cubes and half tortilla chips.
- 4 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained well and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl; spoon mixture into a small oven-safe baking dish that will fit comfortably inside the cooking pot of your Instant Pot. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Place Instant Pot rack in the bottom of your cooking pot, then place two 18”-20" strips of aluminum foil (that have been folded in half and then in thirds) crossing each other in the bottom of the post. This foil "sling" will make it easier to remove your hot baking dish when it's done. See photo.
- Place foil-covered baking dish on top of the foil X inside your Instant Pot. Fold the tops of your foil sling down so they don't get in the way of the Instant Pot lid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure that the valve is set to "sealing." Select High Pressure and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps at the end of the pressure cooking time, press cancel/off and use quick release to release pressure. When valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Serve dip warm inside a sourdough bread bowl with bread cubes for dipping, or simply serve hot in a bowl with tortilla chips.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can bake the dip in an oven-safe dish at 375° for about 15 minutes. And then I highly recommend that you consider getting yourself an Instant Pot! You won’t regret it (Amazon link).
How Peapod Makes Shopping Simple:
- Express Shop: Quickly locate and select all for a specific recipe, meal plan, etc. Just type your list into the notepad; click Start Shopping and the products matching your first item will be displayed.
- Order Genius: Auto-fill your cart with the items you buy most frequently and even recall shopping history from My Giant cards.
- Past Purchases: Peapod saves your orders so re-ordering is fast and easy!
- Sort feature: Find products with the best price, to meet your dietary needs, even see which product is most popular. Select your sort preference from the drop-down box at the top of every page. Click the Save Sort link and your products will always be sorted that way.
- Filter feature: Filter to only see the products that meet your needs, whether you’re looking for dairy-free cereal or peanut-free snacks.
- Mobile App: The free Peapod Mobile App allows you to complete your full weekly grocery shopping in seconds with just one click of Order Genius or quickly add items on the fly as you think of them.
- Money Savings:
o Peapod.com shows the running total of the bill as you shop so it’s easy to determine a budget and stick to it.
o The site sorts products from highest to lowest unit cost in each aisle so it makes finding the best value a breeze.
o Every week Peapod offers thousands of weekly specials and highlights the sale items customers have bought before in a “My Specials” list.
o Customers earn Gas Rewards and A+ School Rewards with every purchase.
Once you try Peapod, I’m pretty confident that you’ll want to shop this way again and again! Luckily, Podpass makes shopping with Peapod an even better deal. PodPass is available in 3, 6 and 12 month subscription options. Just pay one price for unlimited deliveries within a set timeframe.
Check back in the next few weeks for more info on Peapod.com, and a chance to WIN a $119 Peapod PodPass
Connect with Peapod:
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.