This is me. Lolli.
No, Lolli is not the name I was born with and in fact is simply a silly nickname that I use on my blog. My real name is Laura but I’ve been using Lolli for so long now that I don’t mind if you call me that.
Speaking of silly nicknames, let me introduce you to my family.
CandyMan (my husband) and I have, in the 20+ years that we’ve been married, managed to become parents five times over. My kids are truly a blessing, and they provide me with countless stories (and pictures) to share with all of you. My kids are (in order of age):
- KitKat, girl (19)
- Necco, girl (16)
- Twizzler, boy (15)
- Reese, girl (12)
- AJ (short for AlmondJoy), boy (10)
And if you noticed that there’s one extra person in there…yes, my oldest daughter is getting married this year, so we’re adding a wonderful son-in-law to the mix!
CandyMan owns a business creating foreign language software–Peanut Butter~Language Learning that Sticks. It’s scary, risky, exciting, and a whole lot of work.
So…now that I’ve gotten the family introductions out of the way, you want to know a little about me?
All you need to know about Lolli. Almost:
* I have been blogging since October 2007. This site was Better in Bulk until I rebranded to Food Fun Family in November 2015.
* I love to cook, but I love eating good food even more.
* I have a passion for photography and am, for the most part, self-taught.
* I love thrift store shopping. Thrift store shopping is an art, and I am an artist. My Grandma taught me well.
* I am shy by nature but blogging brings out the social part of me that was hiding for so many years.
* I love books and almost always carry a book in my purse and have dozens of books on my iPad.
* I grew up in California, graduated from High School in Oregon, went to college in Utah (where I met my husband who was from Virginia), and settled in Maryland (outside of Washington D.C.) to raise our kids. Honestly, I miss the mild seasons that I grew up with, my family on the West Coast, and the mountains where I spent my summers, but I love all that the D.C. area has to offer. Maryland has been good to us.
* I really do like candy, and most of the time I am pretty sweet. I do accept fan mail filled with chocolate.
How to connect with me on Facebook:
My Food Fun Family fan page (become a fan!)
(For information about advertising or product reviews, please see my Advertise page, or contact me here:)