Slow Cooker Pepper Jack Chicken
- 2 teaspoons each: seasoned salt, minced garlic, oregano leaves, cumin, chili powder
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 6 mini peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces Crystal Farms® pepper jack cheese
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked (optional)
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl. Dip both sides of chicken in seasoning mix and place in slow cooker.
- Chop onion and pepper; add to the slow cooker on top of chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, lift lid and scoop out excess juices from the slow cooker and reserve. Grate cheese; sprinkle over chicken. Replace lid and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is melted.
- I served my chicken with bow tie pasta and tossed the excess juices with the cooked pasta and added a little bit of Parmesan to taste. It's also great with rice!
It’s so easy to make this delicious, flavorful chicken! Just cover chicken with seasonings and place in crock pot.
Then place onions and peppers on top and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Once the chicken is done, add Crystal Farms pepper jack cheese and melt.
The next day, I shredded the leftover chicken and made the most amazing chicken enchiladas (recipe coming soon!). I loved having two meals with some of my favorite flavors…with very little work (aren’t crock pots great for that?).
Connect with Crystal Farms®
- Crystal Farms on Facebook
- Crystal Farms on Pinterest
- Be sure to check out Crystal Farms favorites for lots of great ideas for cooking with cheese!
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.