Slow Cooker Pepper Jack Chicken
- 2 teaspoons each: seasoned salt, minced garlic, oregano leaves, cumin, chili powder
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 6 mini peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces Crystal Farms® pepper jack cheese
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked (optional)
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl. Dip both sides of chicken in seasoning mix and place in slow cooker.
- Chop onion and pepper; add to the slow cooker on top of chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, lift lid and scoop out excess juices from the slow cooker and reserve. Grate cheese; sprinkle over chicken. Replace lid and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is melted.
- I served my chicken with bow tie pasta and tossed the excess juices with the cooked pasta and added a little bit of Parmesan to taste. It's also great with rice!
It’s so easy to make this delicious, flavorful chicken! Just cover chicken with seasonings and place in crock pot.
Then place onions and peppers on top and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Once the chicken is done, add Crystal Farms pepper jack cheese and melt.
The next day, I shredded the leftover chicken and made the most amazing chicken enchiladas (recipe coming soon!). I loved having two meals with some of my favorite flavors…with very little work (aren’t crock pots great for that?).
Connect with Crystal Farms®
- Crystal Farms on Facebook
- Crystal Farms on Pinterest
- Be sure to check out Crystal Farms favorites for lots of great ideas for cooking with cheese!
© 2015 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Liz Latham says
My husband and I would go nuts over this. We LOVE pepperjack cheese! Thanks for linking up with Delicious Dishes Recipe Link Party!
I love pepper jack, too! Hope you enjoy the chicken!
Pamela Shank says
Who doesn’t need a new crockpot chicken recipe! My husband loves anything with pepper jack so I had better make this for him.
CJ, It’s called a Mouli Grater (at least, the originals were…now the originals are really hard to find!) and I grew up using them. After I got married, I spent years searching for them at thrift stores and on eBay. You can get one like it on Amazon and I highly, highly recommend it! It is the BEST cheese and vegetable grater ever made. Here’s the link: https://amzn.to/1TSeYn1
This looks delicious! Anything with cheese is a winner in my book ;) Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday.
CJ Huang | Morsels of Life says
This recipe looks wonderful! I just got some pepper jack yesterday too! Bet this chicken tastes wonderful. :) I’m also a bit curious about your cheese grater in the picture – haven’t seen one like that before.
This looks delicious. I’m going to have to try this. Thank you.
This chicken recipe looks so delicious. I am always looking for a chicken recipe that is away from the ordinary recipes. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for catching that! It’s Italian dressing. I think it was so natural to say/type Italian seasoning that I didn’t even notice my mistake! All fixed in the recipe now. :)
Bekki Lindner says
Hi! This is going on my menu plan! I have a question. In the ingredients, it lists Italian dressing, but in the instructions, it says Italian seasoning. Just wondering which one is correct. Thanks! Can’t wait to try it. =)
Amber @ The Bewitched Baker says
This looks delicious, especially with those peppers on top. Yum!
I like to make Chili in a crockpot.