I was at the bank today, getting a document notarized for something really exciting that I’ll be revealing soon…..and the bank notary struck up some conversation with me. I am always floored when people in businesses or banks remember details about clients, and this bank employee was especially good. She rounded the corner, saw me sitting in the lobby, and said, “Hi! So good to see you! No kids today? Are all of the kids in school now? Amazing! I bet that feels great! Are you still at home or are you working outside the home now?” ….and on and on. I explained to her that I am working more at home than ever. Between my slowly but steadily growing photography business and my ever-demanding but rewarding “job” as a blogger, as well as a few other side things I’ve got going on, I do keep myself pretty busy during school hours. I thought it was rather appropriate that one of MamaKat’s writing prompts for this week happened to be to describe 10 Reasons why you love your job.
- I never have to “clock in.” Work begins and ends whenever I feel like it. Granted, that often means that I’m working on and off all day and into the night….but at least I’ve got some flexibility.
- I can work in my sweats and t-shirt, and no one complains if I haven’t showered or done my make-up.
- My office mates are the best. And, even better…they’re in school from 8:30-3:00 every day!
- I am my own boss. Most of the time. I am independent by nature, and I love being independent at work.
- There is no right or wrong in my job. I love that both photography and blogging are creative outlets for me. I do what I want to do.
- If I want a day off, I can take it any time.
- The benefits might not be the best, but I love the perks that come with being a blogger. Opportunities I never would have had otherwise, like interviewing movie stars and speaking at conferences….I am living a dream I didn’t realize I had.
- I can be home every day when my kids come home from school.
- I meet incredible people through my job.
- My jobs force me to be ever-learning. I love feeling like I’m growing and progressing every day. I can’t imagine it any other way anymore.
Photo of me and Julie taken with Julie’s camera. The original can be found on Dutch Being Me: Bloggy Bootcamp recap in pictures
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.