When I agreed to participate in 15 Minute Suppers, I thought I might be able to come up with a recipe every now and then that would qualify as a 15 minute dinner. Shockingly, this is the 7th week in a row that I’ve posted a 15 minute dinner.
This recipe for minestrone soup is one that I started making when I was newly married. It has kind of fallen out of my regular repertoire so I didn’t think of it immediately when I started gathering recipes for this weekly challenge. I remembered this recipe the other day when I was looking for a can of something on my shelves. It’s the perfect time of year for soup once again, and this soup is the perfect solution for cold nights with not much time to get a dinner on the table.
15 Minute Minestrone Soup
- ½ to 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) garbanzo beans, undrained
- 1 (16 oz) green beans, undrained
- 1 cup dry macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Add macaroni to a medium pot of salted, boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef and onion to another medium pot or sauce pan and brown. Drain fat and add to the large pot with beans and veggies.
- To a large pot, stir all remaining ingredients together. Heat, covered, until heated through. Add macaroni, salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
We have another wonderful week of #15MinuteSuppers for you…hope you enjoying them as much as we are. Get your family to the table fast without a lot of fuss with these fabulous ideas!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
Spicy Sausage and Tots from Monzanita’s
Easy Sloppy Joes from Around My Family Table
15 Minute Minestrone Soup from Better in Bulk
Julia’s Grilled Chicken Salad from Songs Kate Sang
Creamy Bacon Cheeseburger Mac from How To This And That
Cheese Steak Salad from Just 2 Sisters
If you are a blogger and you’d like more info, please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
I could sure use a nice bowl of this soup right now- it’s been chilly this weekend!
It looks delicious! I’ve been surprised at how many 15 Minute Dinners I have been able to do too, but it seems to be all I have energy for right now anyway.
I love soup! Thank you for the recipe
We are in the middle of a frigid cold snap where I live. That soup would be just what the doctor ordered.