Kids have an amazing ability to be annoying. Your kids don’t do any of these things, do they?
- Stand next to her bed while she’s sleeping and whisper “Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.” until she wakes up.
- Stand next to her bed while she’s sleeping and poke her arm – gently – until she wakes up.
- Wake up crying (or throwing up or with a wet bed or a bad dream) 30 minutes after she’s fallen asleep.
- Stand at her shoulder while she’s working on the computer and just wait.
- Ask her if you can play on the computer every 2.5 minutes.
- Makes sure to carry out the “O” in “mom” every time you call her name (“Moooooo-ooooom?”)
- Pick your nose and wipe it on her shirt.
- Pick your nose and wipe it on the blanket you are sharing.
- Pick your nose and wipe it on the wall when no one is looking.
- Whine that you are hungry and then make Mom guess what you want to eat.
- Hide one shoe every morning.
- Pee on the toilet seat and leave it there for Mom to find when she uses the bathroom.
- Wait to do your homework until 5 minutes before you’re supposed to leave for school.
- Describe every minute detail and feature of your favorite toy or video game.
- Ask for every 5th thing you see on the shelf at the grocery store.
- Cough in the mixing bowl while mom is making dinner.
- Ask for a drink of milk and then leave it on the counter for mom to find a couple hours later.
- Make sure you ask for mom every time you need something. Dad will NOT do.
- Sleep in every morning except Saturday and Sunday.
- Smile like a chipmunk every time the camera comes out.
- Track mud in the house after she has just finished vacuuming.
- Ask her to explain the meaning of every word you don’t know.
- Ask her why.
- Change your clothes at least 3 times a day.
- Say everything in a high pitched, baby voice.
Not that I have experience with any of these things…..
Did you ever annoy your mom when you were a kid?
© 2011 – 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
And so goes the story of my life. Are you living inside of my home, stalking my family? LOL. This sounds like my family to a tee. Most of these happen on a daily basis. You got to love those kiddies! I’m going to have to buzz about this one tomorrow.
Good seed my friend. New friend/follower here.
I’m so glad it could bring some laughs to your Friday night. Thanks for the buzz! :) Hope to see you again!
Jodi Shaw says
I love this post! So much in fact I buzzed about it – thanks for the great ideas! Made my Friday night with some great laughter!
Ah, a seasoned mother. Your children look so young! They must be prodigies. LOL
I’m a new follower. I love your blog!!!
I love your addition. I mean, I hate it. Kids change their minds WAY too often. By the way, I’m glad you like the list. That makes me happy!
26. Ask for your “favroite dinner” and then decide, after the first taste, that you don’t like it anymore
GREAT list. Probably one of my favorite posts. Ever.
Michelle Saunderson says
Thank goodness my kids have outgrown most of those. Now I annoy them by dancing in the car.
I am so glad that my seventeen year old finally outgrew all of this… last week. ;)
that was really cute! #1 is my favorite, maybe because it hits close to home LOL
Valerie @CharmedValerie says
no words for you….just hugs.
Oh.Good.Golly. You are soooo right on with this list. Quite comprehensive.
They are all the same, aren’t they? Good to see you!!
Oh, I can believe it. I’ve got 2 teen/tween daughters. Although, it’s the elementary aged kids who really get me most of the time!
I’ll be over to remove the camera tomorrow. It was tough to get it set up without you seeing me. ;)
Ha! Yes, I snuck into your house and installed a video camera. I can turn on the monitor and see what your kids are doing anytime I want to….You know, when it’s too quiet around my house of 5 kids. ;)
Yes–it just becomes too much, doesn’t it? :)
You must have the kids as I do! haha
hip chick says
Just wait till the teen years….you can’t even believe the things they think of to annoy you then!
And I could keep going on and on and on. ;)
Why is it never, “No! I want DADDY to get it for me!” or “I want Daddy to tuck me in! Go away, Mommy!” ?
Oh boy! Please don’t tell her where you got the ideas. ;)
Candice @ Fashionably Organized says
It’s really sad that out of those 25, 20 pertain to me. While I love you please remove the camera from my home.
Wait, are you at my house? ;)
Jennifer Bullock says
How funny!! We deal with the why thing allllllllllllllll day long, I swear Miss A doesn’t speak in anything but questions….it’s good but at the same time I need a break!! Funny post L!
Ha ha ha. No you have no experience with that at all.
Ha! All of them. SO. TRUE.
We’re going through a #18 at our house right now – every single day.
Thanks for the ideas! I can’t wait to try them out on my mom!
I keep thinking of more. Like “Spit your toothpaste on the side of the sink” or “Unroll the toilet paper and leave it in a pile next to the toilet.”
Gena Morris says
LOL How about “Open the door when someone knocks without any clothes on”. LOL Loved this post!