This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have to admit – as much as I am a deal-seeker and frugal shopper, I've never been a huge fan of the whole Black Friday shopping craze. I love the deals but I don't love the chaos. And Black Friday can be chaos, for sure.
With a family of seven (and more when you count extended family and friends), I need all the deals I can get when it comes to holiday shopping. Despite the crowds on Black Friday, it's totally worth it. Here are a few tips to make the most of Black Friday shopping deals and sales:
- Make a list – and check it twice! Know what you want to get everyone on your list (or have a good idea). Black Friday is not the day to browse lasily through the aisles.
- Do some research before Black Friday – grab a newspaper, or check out a sneak peek ad or two and make a list of the stores with the best deals on the items on your family's wish list.
- Create a plan of attack – after you've done some research, map out your travel plans. Hit the stores with the soonest-ending or most sought-after deals first. Make note of which stores are near each other.
- Get a shopping buddy – Black Friday shopping is so much more fun with a friend, and when you shop with a buddy you can literally get twice as much done. Share your lists with each other and help each other grab the best deals in the departments you are near.
- Make it fun – Black Friday shopping can be a headache if you focus on the crowds and the insane hours, but it can also be a ton of fun. Focus on making it an adventure…and don't forget to celebrate how much you are saving, both in money and in time (get it all done in one day!).
What are your best Black Friday tips and tricks?
Now…who's ready for a sneak peek at the Black Friday deals happening this weekend at Dollar General? Check out Dollar General's sneak peek ad and sign up for exclusive access! What will you be adding to your Black Friday shopping list?
© 2013 – 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.