This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Master Lock. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hey there! I’m so glad you’re here!
Are you a travel enthusiast like me? I love to travel, but don’t get to do it quite as much as I would like to. Considering I’ve got 5 kids, it’s amazing that I get to travel as much as I do.
I’ve had to pack for trips that are as quick as an overnighter or as long as 6 weeks, and you can apply these tips to ANY type of travel. Just don’t do what I did once on a trip to New York City when I grabbed a different purse to bring along and forgot to move my entire wallet into the new bag. I won’t make that mistake again!
Follow these tips for a safe and enjoyable travel experience, and stop worrying about what you’ve forgotten or whether or not it will arrive safely at your destination.
For Everything Worth Protecting While Traveling, you’ve got Master Lock!
5 Packing Tips to Remember Next Time You Travel
- Sort. Know what to keep in the carry on and what to stow in checked baggage. Last year, I posted some tips on what you should pack in your carry on bag. I’m a fan of checking the majority of my luggage so my time at the airport and on the plane is less hassle. Keeping my carry on bag light and simple makes me feel more relaxed to start the travel day.
- Make a checklist. You don’t have to invent the wheel each time you head on a trip. Create (or find) a checklist with the things you know you will need for the majority of your travel situations. Pull your checklist out before you start packing and go through it for each trip.
- Simplify. Take stock before you close up the suitcase. Set everything on the bed, or another are where it can be spread out, and make sure that outfits match up (no need to bring a certain pair of shoes or pants when they don’t go with anything you’re bringing along). Eliminate the extras. See how you can double up on accessories, shoes, pants, and more so that you’re not loading up your bag with unnecessary items that just weigh you down.
- Keep travel essentials together. Consider having a travel bag with must-have travel items that you don’t have to unpack and repack every time you go on a trip. Keep these items in a travel bag that you can simply fill with a few extras whenever you’re heading out of town.
- Make sure your valuables are secure. I know I’m not alone in my worries about my valuables being safe when I check my luggage. Since 9-11, so much of what we can and should do when traveling has changed, and for a long time it’s been nearly impossible to safely (and legally) secure your bags. My new favorite travel companion is my Master Lock 4680DBLK (you can buy it on Amazon, too). See what’s so cool about it below:
Why You Need Master Lock for Your Next Trip
Master Lock allows travelers to travel securely (and with added peace of mind) with their TSA-accepted luggage locks. You – the traveler – can lock up your valuables, but TSA doesn’t have to break in to your luggage to check it.
Here’s how it works: The Master Lock 4680DBLK – a TSA-accepted luggage lock – features an easy combination lock that keeps luggage locked and secure. It has a very important TSA logo that tells the TSA that they can access the lock through a keyhole on the bottom of the lock. When TSA officials need to access your luggage using their key, your combination or security is not compromised. They just lock it back up and your combination still works the same.
The SentrySafe Portable Combination Safe is another great option for keeping your valuables secure. Here’s how it works:
Travel Safe with Master Lock I love that I can trust Master Lock as my go-to security resource for traveling – whether it’s in the airport or in the hotel at my destination. Master Lock is dedicated to providing reliable, easy-to-use safety and security solutions to help consumers live a more secure life.
Where would you use your Master Lock?
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.