Ready for those first day of school photos on the front lawn? Thanks to Sears.com for sponsoring today’s post and for helping us get ready for back-to-school.
Getting ready for back-to-school season (which is approaching at lightening speed!) goes way beyond grabbing a few new packs of pencils and a binder or two. Pencils and pens and paper can be picked up any day of the year, but the first day of school outfit has the power to set the new school year off on the right foot. Getting ready for the first day of school – and beyond – is about finding a look that speaks to your child’s unique personality and helps them unlock their confidence.
But shopping for back-to-school clothes is not always the easiest thing for moms to tackle. Dragging tired kids through store after store? Not MY idea of fun.
Here are a few tips that make back-to-school shopping for clothes a little more manageable for moms and kids, too.
5 Tips for Easier Back-to-School Clothes Shopping
- Make a list first and stick to it! Making a list will make your shopping trip more focused and save you time when you’re in the store, as well as save you the inconvenience of shopping for things you really don’t need (not to mention the money you’ll save!). Did you know about ShopYourWay.com? Sears unique social community, ShopYourWay.com, allows me to research and browse products, create wish lists, poll friends and family and get advice from experts.
- Write sales days on the calendar. Finding the best days to shop will help you narrow in on the best deals, getting you more back-to-school bang for your buck. Here’s one for you! The Sears Family & Friends sale is happening this weekend! Check it out online at Sears.com Saturday August 9, 6 PM through Tuesday, August 12, 9AM CST or in-store Sunday August, 10 from 6-9 PM.
- Set a budget for each child. With 5 kids, I’ve got to stick with a budget when back-to-school shopping or I won’t have funds left over for Christmas! Shopping sales really helps me stick to my budget. One of the best ways to make my budget work for me is earning reward points when I shop at Sears (and, yes, I am totally that mom who earns points when shopping for kids’ clothes and then uses the points to get something for myself later).
- Check the closets and drawers before you leave. Your kids may have more clothes than you think for back-to-school. Sometimes we just focus on a few key items (like a first-day-of-school outfit and a new pack of underwear) for each child and buy a little at a time through the year as needs arise.
- Shop online and look for free shipping deals OR shop Sears.com and use their FREE local store pick-up. Online shopping will save you lots of time (as well as the frustration of dragging kids through the mall). When you shop Sears.com you can get your order the same day with free store pick up. As if that wasn’t I can use the Shop Your Way app to let the store know I’ve arrived and they’ll bring my purchases directly to my vehicle.
Be sure to stop by the Sears Family & Friends sale for all your back-to-school needs – online at sears.com Saturday August 9, 6 PM through Tuesday, August 12, 9AM CST or in-store Sunday August, 10 from 6-9 PM CST!
Here are a few things that we found back-to-school shopping for my kids at Sears:
You can find the skirt-and-shirts outfit for my daughter’s first-day-of-middle-school here, plus a fun layered shirt combo for my youngest son here. Then check out the jeans and sarcastic t-shirt for my tall 8th grader and the Owl shirt for my high school daughter who loves everything owl. We had so much fun shopping Sears.com!
Back to WHA?? Sears has created a series of fun videos that address the confidence a new look offers on the first day of school – and beyond. Check out the “Back to School, Back to Wha?!” videos here.
What are your best back-to-school shopping tips?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Sears.
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.