I would eat doughnuts every morning if I could. Which would probably be a very bad move on my part.
As much as I love eating doughnuts, I had never made doughnuts before last week. After seeing my friend Lisa’s recipe for Baked Nutella Doughnuts, I decided that I needed a doughnut pan. I found one on sale at Target (amazing!) and set out to find a few good recipes.
And I DID find a few good recipes.
This recipe is worth GOLD simply for the browned butter glaze. (I even tried the glaze on a nutella-strawberry crepe. Oh my!). Enjoy!
Browned Butter Glazed Spice Doughnuts
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk plus 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp butter, melted
- Browned Butter glaze:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk or cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease doughnut pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
- Fill the each section of the doughnut pan a little more than ¾ full and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan on top of the oven for a few minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the browned butter glaze:
- While the doughnuts are cooling, melt 4 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan over low heat until browned.
- Pour browned butter into a small bowl (you can leave the blackened butter from the bottom of the pan), and add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix with hand beater until smooth.
- Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and set on a plate until the glaze has set.
I think I may have found a new obsession.
I found this recipe on Buns in My Oven through Pinterest.
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Jhuls | The Not So Creative Cook says
I am drooling right now!! These are so perfect with a cup of black coffee!! Yum!
Sana khurram says
Hope UR fine. This. Is my first mail to any one I don’t know properly.Actually I was finding (how tho make a simple kite for kids) when I discovered (better in bulk) .I think that u r a master of all trades which is extremely good .And the best part is that u want to share every bit of UR knowledge with us.being a mother of six kids is a tough job but u seem to manage it really well. I hav always admired women like u and want to b like u .It feels like u want people to understand that every thing is possible if u try and where there is a will there is a way so keep up the good work
Ellen Christian says
These would be amazing with a cup of coffee!
Laurel @Let's Go on a Picnic! says
I really need a doughnut pan now! My son was saying earlier that he wanted a doughnut too.
Don’t you love recipes like that? I get so excited when I find a recipe that I have all the ingredients for. :)
Woohoo! I’ve been wanting to make your nutella donuts, but we keep eating through our supply of nutella. lol
Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting says
Yummmm! Just pinned the HELL out of this!
I know! I succumed. :)
Sonia Barton says
The only thing I read was the list of ingredients to make sure I had them all before I printed it. I was so craving something sweet! I’m off to go make donuts because I actually have all the ingredients ;)
Oh good heavens- everyone has been doing donuts. It’s killing me!!! These look amazing.
Cat Davis | Food Family & Finds says
Mmmm browned butter in a glaze … hello yumminess.
You had me at doughnuts. :)