I did something slightly out-of-character at the beginning of this week – I created a menu plan and I have stuck with it all week. I was so excited about the new recipes I had found, but as I worked my way through the recipes this week, I found myself less than thrilled with the results. Until last night.
Oh my goodness! The tortellini that I cooked up for dinner was incredible, and everyone loved it. And the best part….it was really simple and was ready in about 30 minutes. And there was enough left over today to have it again for lunch. Yum!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook according to package directions. Drain tortellini but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, spinach, and spices in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sauce begins to bubble.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the flour, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Cook on low heat, stirring, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add both the tomato spinach sauce and the milk sauce to the tortellini in a casserole dish. Stir to coat, and then top with grated Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dig in!
This recipe was modified from a recipe found on AllRecipes.com.
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.