I’ve been baking altogether too much lately, but believe it or not, this is an old recipe that I just discovered that I’d never shared. During the summer of 2012, I worked on a project with WhoNu? Cookies (now WhoKnew) creating recipes using their cookies. Yes, the recipe-creation project was paid, but I am not or was not compensation for sharing those recipes here. I shared the Individual Whole Wheat Banana Pudding, the Cookies-n-Cream Yogurt Smoothie, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops last September, but then apparently got distracted and forgot to keep sharing the rest.
If you’re not familiar with WhoKnew Cookies, here’s the run-down: WhoKnew cookies are a good source of fiber, include 4 grams of whole grain, and have as much calcium as an 8 oz. glass of milk. While they DO have whole grains, calcium and fiber, they DO NOT include any high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
They’re good stuff.
On to the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Oatmeal Muffins
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 16 WhoKnew Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, divided (or any packaged crispy chocolate chip cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a gallon-size zip-top bag, add 16 Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies and crumble by rolling a rolling pin over the cookies. Reserve ½ cup of cookie crumbles and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix egg and brown sugar with hand mixer. Add in vanilla and butter or margarine, beating well.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix. Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Stir in crumbled chocolate chip cookies (except for the ½ cup of reserved cookie crumbs).
- Fill cupcake liners about half full with muffin batter. Sprinkle muffins with reserved cookie crumble.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
I’m participating once again with From Val’s Kitchen and This Mama Loves in our weekly recipe linky, so please link up the recipes you’ve been making or wanting to make. I can’t wait to get some new recipe ideas! Be sure to check back as more yummy food is added!
© 2013 – 2015, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.