This recipe for Chocolate PB&J Smoothies is sponsored by TruMoo Calcium Plus but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
There’s a funny thing that happens in my kitchen whenever I bring home TruMoo chocolate milk. My youngest son turns into a singing, dancing happy little maniac. So when I picked up some new TruMoo Calcium Plus, he did his typical happy dance, not even realizing that is was anything different than his favorite chocolate milk.
TruMoo Calcium Plus has 50% more calcium per serving than regular low-fat milk, and just like the TruMoo that we know and love, it also has no artificial growth hormones and no high fructose corn syrup. Like I tell my kids – it has lots of the good stuff and they leave the bad stuff out.
5 Calcium Facts That You Should Know:
- Calcium is essential for building strong, healthy bones PLUS it helps muscles, nerves and hormones function optimally. In fact, it’s one of the most important nutrients for the body!
- Consuming foods rich in calcium, like low fat dairy, yogurt and fortified cereal, can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Our bodies cannot produce new calcium so it’s important to eat and drink foods rich in calcium. When we don’t get enough calcium for our body’s needs, it is taken from our bones.
- Peak bone mass occurs sometime between the ages of 18-25. The more bone mass you have, the lass likely you will be to break a bone or get osteoporosis later in life. That’s why it’s so important for children and teens to meet their daily requirements for calcium (so they’re building strong healthy bones for now AND later). Adults also need calcium to maintain bone mass.
- TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk has 50% more calcium per serving than regular low fat milk, which makes it a delicious and effective way to meet your family’s daily calcium needs.
I love drinking nutrient-packed smoothies for breakfast, and this past week I tried a few smoothies with a chocolate milk base. I came up with a delicious breakfast smoothie idea that you are going to love! It’s so easy to make, and it tastes great.
Calcium-Rich Chocolate PB&J Breakfast Smoothies
- 1 cup TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ of a banana
- 1-2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until blended smooth.
- Serve immediately or drink half now and refrigerate the rest in a glass jar with a lid to enjoy later.
What are your favorite ways to get more calcium in your diet?
Visit TruMoo.com for more recipe ideas and to see their entire line-up of delicious products!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.