It’s been too long since I’ve shared a recipe. Now that the kids are back to school, I figured it was a perfect time to get back to cooking regularly. Enjoy this super easy crock pot recipe, paired with some rice and vegetables on the side.
Crock Pot Sesame Pork Ribs
I don't know where I found this recipe years ago, but as usual, I modified it slightly to my family's liking. Now that school is back in session, it's time to pull the crock pot out again, and this recipe is a family-pleaser!
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp cider or white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Place onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper in large bowl. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place on top of onions in slow cooker. Pour sauce over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Serve with rice and veggies.
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Andrea (Lil-Kid-Things) says
I’m making this tonight! It will be enough for 2 meals in my family so I am going to freeze half for another meal :-)
Those look delicious!
Jenn @therebelchick says
I love anything that I can throw in the crock pot! Yum!