Lunch is not my favorite meal. Unless I’m eating out (yum) or eating dinner leftovers (sometimes yum), lunch just doesn’t do much for me.
One of my near-by grocery stores has a weekend $5 croissant deal, and I picked up a box the other day, without a real plan on how I would use them. I remembered a curried chicken salad that I had eaten (and fallen in love with) several months ago at a luncheon. Since I had no idea where the recipe was, I went on a quest to find a recipe to try.
I made a bunch of adjustments, as usual, and found my new favorite lunch recipe. Oh. My. Wow!
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (NOT salad dressing)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Prepare chicken by chopping it into small-size pieces (about the size of half a grape or smaller, but not shredded).
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, honey and salt.
- Add chicken to dressing, along with nuts, celery, grapes and green onions; mix well.
- Serve on a croissant, freshly baked bread, in a tortilla wrap, or on lettuce…whatever sounds good to you!
The original recipe that I modified: Curried chicken salad on Yummly.
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.