Necco has been wearing glasses for about 3 years, and honestly never really complained about it until big sister, KitKat, got contacts over the summer. KitKat adores her contacts, and as you might expect from a younger sister, Necco was envious of them. The tables turned a little in November when Necco had a mid-year appointment with the optometrist for her own contact lens exam. She was chosen to participate in the Bausch+Lomb SofLens Daily Disposables test drive. This time KitKat was the one to be envious.
I admit that I was a little leery of having Necco make the switch to contacts so young (she is 11). I waited until KitKat was 13 to get her first contact order, despite her begging me for at least a year and a half before I caved. I was nervous about how easy it would be for Necco to put her contacts in, and how well she’d be able to take care of them. As a woman who has never worn contacts, I didn’t have anything concrete to base my nervousness on. While KitKat took to the care, handling, and the taking in and out of her contacts almost instantly, the process was a little slower for Necco. What she lacked in skill, though, she made for in enthusiasm, and now – a month later – she is a contact lens pro.
I am so grateful that Necco’s first experience with contact lenses was with SofLens Daily Disposables. Instead of washing and storing her contacts each night, she tosses each pair into the trash at the end of the day. By putting a new pair of contacts in her eyes every morning, I never have to worry about her lenses being dirty or old or unhealthy. I love it!
Unlike most contact lenses, daily disposable contact lenses are designed to be worn once, and then thrown away. You start each day with a fresh, new pair. Here are just a few other advantages:
* You don’t have to worry about using lens cases to store your lenses
* No need to clean or disinfect your contact lenses since you simply throw them away once you’ve worn them
* You don’t have to buy contact lens solution
* If you accidently tear or lose your contact lenses, it is inexpensive to replace and you probably have a spare
* Simple packaging makes it easy to pack contact lenses in your travel bag, gym bag, or even your purse.
* Today, daily disposable contact lenses are more affordable than ever – even comparable to 2-week lenses.
* Minimal protein build up helps your vision stay sharp
* Great for people with allergies since pollen and other allergens require more frequent replacement of contact lenses
Necco loves her new daily disposable contacts and has been wearing them exclusively since she got them last month. I think her favorite thing about her new contacts is that she doesn’t have to wear her glasses to school anymore. My favorite thing about her new contacts is being able to see her big blue eyes without frames in the way. I think that these lenses are great starter lenses for teens or older kids who are getting used to wearing contacts for the first time. But they aren’t just for beginners. I would definitely consider them for KitKat the next time she needs an order of contacts. They’re just so easy and convenient!
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a test drive campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Bausch + Lomb and received the product necessary to facilitate my review. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.