The other night, my daughter and I got together with a group of “crafty ladies” (how Reese described us) to make a few Christmas crafts. Crafting with friends has got to be one of the best ways to spend an evening (especially when that evening also includes home baked goodies). I love making crafts, but I’m not very creative when it comes to figuring out what to do. But give me an idea and some supplies and I’ll go to town.
The first craft that I made during our Christmas craft night was just about as easy as a craft can get. What’s better…it can be customized for any time of year by simply swapping out the scrapbook paper behind the glass.
Here’s what you need to make this Christmas Countdown Frame:
- A frame (any size, any color. Dollar store frames work great!)
- One 8×10 piece of scrapbook paper (choose color and design to go with your decor)
- One piece of ribbon (4-6 inches long)
- Flowers (I used spiraled twine “flowers”)
- Dry erase marker
- One pair of self-sticking velcro dots
- Hot glue
How to make an Easy Christmas Countdown Frame:
- Using a hot glue gun, attach your flowers and buttons to the front of the frame.
- Remove the back of the frame and attach the ribbon to the inside-top of the back with a small amount of hot glue. Press and let set. Secure the ribbon with criss-crossed staples.
- Place the scrapbook paper in the frame and replace the backing.
- Place one velcro dot in the middle of the top of the frame and place the matching half on the dry erase marker.
- Use the marker to write your Christmas Countdown (or any fun message you choose) on the glass. Wipe clean with a dry napkin, paper towel, or cloth and start over as often as you like!
That’s it! Easy peasy!
Now…can you believe we’re a little over a month away from Christmas? I need much more time than that to get ready!
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.