I am participating in a sponsored brand ambassadorship with ALDI. All opinions stated are my own.
Perhaps one of my favorite holiday traditions that was passed down by my mom is baking treats for the annual holiday treat plate. My mom taught me a few of my favorite recipes that I make year after year…and I’ve added a few of my own *new* favorites over the years to perfect it. We’ve made it to the middle of December, and that means that it’s officially time to start planning a weekend-long bake-off and treat plate party with the kids.
I made one of my regular stops at ALDI this week and picked up a few holiday treat essentials, like plenty of sugar and chocolate chips, Andes mint chips, butterscotch chips, marshmallows and more so that I could start planning my 2013 holiday treat baking. Here’s what we include on our holiday plate for neighbors and friends (click each link to see the recipes on my blog):
Franklin Family Holiday Treat Plate Recipes:
- Homemade caramel candies
- Butterscotch bars
- English toffee
- Peanut butter cookies (either stuffed with Snickers or topped with Hershey’s kisses)
- Andes Mint Chocolate Chip cookies (the newest addition!)
- Aunt Fern’s Famous Fudge
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge (another new addition)
Not only did I pick up the ingredients I needed to make all of those treats, but I also grabbed a Holiday cake pop kit with everything we need to make and decorate fun Christmasy cake pops. I haven’t decided if I’ll be sharing those with neighbors or keeping those for myself…
ALDI is the perfect place to get everything I need for my holiday candies and cookies, including the plates that I deliver the treats on! I love that ALDI makes it possible for me to save a bundle while preparing so many gifts for my friends in the area. And this year, I didn’t need to look any farther than the shelves at ALDI to find everything I needed to fill the kids’ stockings. I *may* have even picked up a pre-Christmas box of cocoa dusted truffles for myself!
ALDI is also full of other seasonal items including eggnog, outdoor holiday décor, holiday cheeses, holiday wines, toys, and more. The ALDI Holiday Catalog is available in stores and online from the beginning of November through December 25, and features a wonderful selection of seasonal items, party tips, and recipes including:
- Meats and main dishes: Turkey, ham, and carving tips
- Essential side dishes: ingredients for savory sides
- Appetizers and drinks: premium cheeses, sparkling juice cocktails, and award-winning wines
- Baking cakes and pies: marshmallow creme, pie crusts and all the fixings
- Holiday baking and cookies: cookie dough, cake mix, toppings and bakeware essentials
- Pre-made desserts and drinks: cheesecake samplers, pre-made pies, eggnog and other sweet treats
- Candy and sweets: pralines, cocoa dusted truffles, candy canes and gift-giving tips
- Toys for girls and boys: dolls, games, instruments and other gift ideas
Do you make a holiday treat plate for neighbors, or do you participate in a holiday cookie exchange with friends? How can ALDI help you in your holiday prep this year?
© 2013 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.