If there’s ever a time of year when everyone’s short on time, it’s mid-December. I’ve been running around with no time to spare even more than usual this last week or two, and so I’ve been looking for more quick and easy dinners to make for the family.
This meal is so easy and so quick and so fresh it’s almost a crime.
I mean, it takes me longer to heat up a package of frozen taquitos than it did to make this light and fresh vegetarian pasta dish (I happened to have tested that this week…).
I experimented a little with two ingredients I had on hand – Swiss chard (from the minestrone soup recipe posted recently) and feta cheese. I wasn’t sure how they’d taste together, but after trying it both with and without the feta, I definitely thought that the feta cheese added a nice flavor pop to the pasta.
This recipe is nothing fancy, but if you’re looking for quick and easy, then this is perfect for you.
Fresh Tomato and Swiss Chard Pasta #15MinuteSuppers
- 2-3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I personally like a little bit more garlic)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces of spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups chopped, fresh Swiss chard (plus a small amount of olive oil)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Feta cheese, crumbled on top (about 1 Tbsp per serving)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and let it sit while the pasta cooks.
- In a small pan, saute Swiss chard in a small amount of olive oil until slightly wilted.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and return to dry pan. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, chard, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. Top with sprinkled feta cheese to serve.
Oh man….we have a great list of 15 minute comfort food recipes today from some great bloggers! Take a break from the holiday madness and enjoy your family. You can get a quick and healthy meal on the table in only 15 minutes with any of these scrumptious #15MinuteSuppers. Get your family to the table fast without a lot of fuss with these fabulous ideas!
© 2013 – 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.