Ahhh. Routine once again. The first week of school has been fabulous. While the kids have been loving their new teachers, AJ and I have been loving the gorgeous early Fall weather. We couldn’t have asked for a better week. On Wednesday, we got together with some of our favorite people at one of our favorite parks. I snapped plenty of pictures, of course, and one of those pictures was one that I instantly knew was not going to turn out. And that made me so sad, because my little toddling friend was being so darn cute in this tunnel. I WANTED it to turn out.
I figured it was worth trying to fix. Just this week, I downloaded a new photo editing software called Aurora and figured I’d see what it could do. Here’s the original picture of Professor in a Tunnel, or Little Boy Blue:
Today’s Give Me Your Best Shot post is doing double duty. We’ll still have our Linky up (way down there!) so that you can add your Best Shot. But this week, in conjunction with GMBS, we will also be giving away not one but FIVE copies of Aurora photo editing software.
**To find out more about Give Me Your Best Shot, read this….And come back to leave the link to your best shot below (please link to your actual Give Me Your Best Shot post). And grab my button on my sidebar over there ——>> so that we can get more people to stop by! If you are here for the giveaway or for the first time, I hope you’ll come and play along again in the future!
Now, a little about Aurora:
* Aurora is desktop software. It’s downloadable from www.lightcrafts.com for $19.95 (amazingly affordable!).
* Visual photo editing: The strength of Aurora lies in its intuitive, powerful, visual editor which presents suggested improvements in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get fashion. The unique relight tool essentially “turns on” the light inside the image, creating better, more realistic photos. Users can also straighten, adjust color strength and warmth, crop, zoom and adjust red-eye in a simple, intuitive and visual way.
* If you’ve ever tried to capture a photo of the sunset, or of an indoor birthday party, you know exactly how frustrating it is to see something beautiful in real life and then look at your image and wonder why it doesn’t represent what you saw. With just a few clicks in Aurora, you can drastically improve your photos to bring out the amazing details you saw in-person. Take a look at some of the before and after pictures in their photo gallery.
* Organizing and viewing of photos: Aurora allows consumers to easily import photos from their camera or computer, re-arrange and re-name them, then tag and rate favorites for easy viewing and retrieval. Within Aurora, I was able to view and access all of the pictures in my computer. It was very easy to find what I was looking for.
* Sharing and publishing: Aurora enables consumers to email, print, and connect directly to their photo sharing, social networking and accounts from within Aurora making it easy to share select photos online on sites like Flickr and Facebook.
My favorite feature on Aurora by far was the sharing and publishing. I loved being able to click a button and have the program sync my photos to my picasa album, or upload them straight to my Facebook page. It was also extremely easy to send a picture as an email attachment. No importing, exporting, saving as a certain size….it did it all for me.
Would you like a photo editing program that can do all this? All you have to do to enter to win a copy is visit Aurora and tell me which of it’s features you need the most to help improve your photos. This is mandatory if you’d like to enter the giveaway. Note: you do not have to play along with Give me Your Best Shot in order to enter the giveaway.
For extra entries, you may do any of the following (make sure you leave an extra comment for each entry)
~Participate in Give Me Your Best Shot this week (just be sure to leave a comment with the mandatory entry as well)
~Download a free trial version of Aurora and come back here to show off your before and after photos and get 2 extra entries! (you can add these pictures to the Linky too)
~Follow me, subscribe to my feed, add my to your blog roll, fave me on technorati (those heart shaped buttons at the bottom of every post)
~Follow LightCrafts and me on twitter and Tweet about this giveaway (can be done once a day).
This contest will end on Thursday, September 10 at 11:00 pm EST. Five winners will be chosen at random and notified by email. Winners will be posted at the top of this post. Everyone is eligible! Good luck!
And, now for MckLinky:
Visit my community!
© 2009, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.