I recently received a few new awards. Keep them coming, ladies. I feel so special when fellow bloggers gift me with an award. Yeah! Please read below for some things you may not know about me….and for the unique way (read: cheat!) I’m passing this award on.
This first award is from Lori at The Downs Gang. Apparently, she considers me “brilliant in content and design.” Cool! I’ll take that!
BTW–I’ve got to tell you, I’ve always thought this award looked so neat. Now I get to keep it forever on my page. :) Oh, if you haven’t scrolled all the way down to the bottom of my page, I keep my award down there. I ran out of room everywhere else. Ha!
Here are the rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself
OK–for the 10 honest things about ME:
1. I am having a really hard time thinking of even one thing about me. I don’t really want to make this a confessional….Let’s make this about things I’ve done. Things I’ve experienced. Things that have made me ME.
2. OK–I started blogging in October 2007, and I never knew it could turn into something so big, and something I loved so much. I never expected to make so many friends through my blog (both people locally and all over the country).
3. My grandma, my mom, and I have all had 5 kids. We fit into a mini van perfectly, but it makes taking friends along a little tricky. I love my family size.
4. Growing up, I loved to write. I even told everyone that I wanted to be an author when I grew up…..but I don’t consider myself a good writer anymore.
5. I got married when I was 20 and a half (because back then, the extra half year was important!) and I got pregnant with KitKat a month before our first anniversary. It seemed so logical back then, but now I am shocked that we did it the way we did. Of course, I wouldn’t take anything back or do it any other way.
6. I took ballet classes (started when I was 3 1/2), piano lessons, and guitar from my neighbor. I also went to summer school for fun one year.
7. I went on a summer study abroad trip to Mexico after my freshman year of college and had the best time of my life there. Those memories are still so vivid, even though the trip was 15 years ago. I would do it again in a heart beat.
8. I went to a dermatologist to remove an annoying mole near my left breast when Necco was a baby (she and KitKat both picked at it while they nursed and it was very irritated and irritating….). A short time later, I got a call from my doctor letting me know that it was cancerous. I was 24. The same age that my father had been when he died of cancer (melanoma). Luckily for me, my cancer was not malignant and it was easily removed. Several years later, I went back in for my 6 month check, and the doctor found pre-melanoma on my left thigh. They had to send it in to multiple labs to verify that it was not actually melanoma. They operated on my leg for an hour while I watched and listened. Pretty intense. Very sobering. That was on CandyMan’s 32nd birthday (if I’m counting back right) and I just felt bad that I had to stay off my feet for a week and couldn’t make him a birthday cake. I am waiting for the cancer to come back, but worse this time.
9. On a happier note, I nursed my kids for a combined total of 86 months. That’s over 7 full years of my life that I have lactated. If you add the 45 months that I was pregnant, that’s almost 11 years that I have physically supported another life. When I weaned AJ just before his 2nd birthday (back in May 2007), it was the first time since December 1996 that I had not been either pregnant or nursing. My body didn’t know how to handle it. I still miss nursing.
10. I have never broken a bone or been in the hosptial except to deliver a baby. Despite my health problems (the cancer and my heart condition), I’ve had pretty good luck.
AllHailQueenMommy from This is My World gave me the Butterfly Award. I think it’s so cool that someone I have never met thinks that MY blog is one of the coolest blogs, and that she (and other cool ladies) visit me daily. What an honor!
The rules (because there always have to be rules):
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.
And Lisa at Mommying on the Fly gave me the Proximidade Award.
Proximidade is described as follows: ‘This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.’
Isn’t that so nice?!
And now for the awarding…..Since I’m actually writing this post nearly a week in advance to be posted during my week with my mom and I can’t guarantee that I’ll have a chance to let my favorite bloggers know I’ve given them an award, I’m playing by my own rules and making up my own awarding criteria. Here’s the deal….
1. If you have commented on my blog at least twice this week, you can grab these awards. Even though I may not get a chance to comment back to everyone who sends me a comment, I want all of you to know that your comments make me smile. I treasure each one (I haven’t gotten any nasty ones yet!) and they DO make a difference! I’m honored that you take the time to visit me, and I wish I could comment on all of YOUR blogs every day.
2. If I have sent you an email in the last 7 days, you can grab this award. That means you must be really special to me!
3. If you know my real name, you can consider yourself awarded. Haha! But please keep it our little secret.
© 2009, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.