Responding to a prompt from MamaKat’s Writer’s Workshop has got to be one of my favorite ways to blog. Most of the time I blog about things that have been on my mind for a while, or I review a product, or I tell a story about something that has happened recently. Writer’s Workshop posts are usually off the cuff. I never know exactly what I’m going to say when I sit down to write. This is Lolli in a truly raw form.
The prompt that stood out to me today was #3: “I know my kids love me because…”
- * What is NOT to love?
- * My boys dance with me when I get the urge to do a silly dance.
- * Reese wants to be to be a Fishful Thinking “person” and a photographer when she grows up (she even drew a picture about it in her class at school)
- * KitKat did not moan or complain when I was asked to be a teacher in her youth program at church (in other words, I will be everywhere she is! Bwahaha!)
- * Necco often does little things around the house for me.
- * AJ tells me he loves me all the time, several times a day. He also gives me lots of kisses on the mouth. Yeah, sometimes they are quite wet.
- * Twizzler lets me hold his hand.
- * My kids eat the food I cook, and if they can’t stand it, they know enough not to complain.
- * Necco leaves me notes.
- * My boys put the toilet seat down (just don’t get me started on aim issues!)
- * The kids are always excited when I come home after I’ve been gone.
- * They cry when I leave town. Even the big kids.
- * Reese says that sometimes she wants to stay home and skip fun things just so she can be with me.
- * They encourage me to take a nap on Sundays.
- * They never, ever forget Mother’s Day.
- * They always, without fail, wake up early on Mother’s Day and make me breakfast in bed (usually including fresh squeezed orange juice, a yogurt smoothie, and pancakes).
- * I know my kids really love me because they tell me. Simple as that.
Photos of AJ and me at the zoo, taken by my friend Safire
How would you finish this sentence? I know my kids love me because….
© 2010, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.