Back in the day this was how we got all of our furniture:
It was also how I got our movies and the kids clothes, and even a Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaner. Garage Sales. Heck, I even found our piano at a garage sale. Every Saturday morning starting in May, I would head out the door before CandyMan was even awake. Often, I’d pick up my friend, Mari so that we could garage sale hop together (shopping is always better with a friend, isn’t it? It’s hardly any fun when you don’t have a friend to give their opinion).
I just heard about a new site called Garage Sales Tracker (www.garagesalestracker.com) and I can’t imagine how much easier it could make my Saturday garage sale mornings. Here are a couple of the things that GST offers:
- Save money!!! It’s cheaper to advertise garage sale on GST than your local newspaper. FREE YARD SALE LISTINGS FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY.
- More time. Get up to two months exposure for your garage sale. More time means more potential buyers.
- Add images to your listing for FREE.
- Increased visibility for your yard sale
- Unlimited word count. No limit on the number of words you can use to describe items in your yard sale.
- Rain out guarantee. If it rains on the day you are having your yard sale. You can change your sale date at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
- FREE to use. Find garage sales using either the search or browse sales tools.
- Filter results. Use the “Items for sale” tool to find yard sales selling exactly what you want.
- Imbedded driving directions. Driving directions to the garage sale are provided on the site. No more copying and pasting address to get driving directions.
- Automated driving directions. Create an account and get automated routing instructions to all garage sales.
- Contact the seller. Have a question about an item on a garage sale listing? Call the seller or use the contact form at the bottom of each listing to contact the seller via email.
The biggest excitement for me? Definitely the routing instructions. I don’t know how many hours I’ve wasted driving around to find garage sale, only to find out that there was another one near one I’ve already left. Saturday mornings are precious–we’ve got to maximize our time!
Time….Do you think I might be able to find some of that at a garage sale?
© 2009, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.