I LOVE lime and coconut – both the flavors to eat and the scents to enjoy. I know you’ll love these lime and coconut sugar scrub bars! Note that the links to point you to the ingredients needed to make this DIY bath & beauty product are affiliate links, which means I can make a few a little bit of change when you purchase them. You never have to pay more (and often I have insider info on deals and sales!). Have fun making these sugar scrub bars!
Every excuse I get to use my essential oils and other natural products finds me creating a new DIY beauty recipe to enjoy. Whether you are in the middle of summer or in the cold blustery depths of winter, you can enjoy these bright, fresh-scented Lime & Coconut Sugar Scrub Bars. They exfoliate away dry skin, leaving it soft and moisturized, while treating your nose to a delicious light scent that perks you up.
How to Make “Lime in Da Coconut” Sugar Scrub Bars
I had to do it. I mean..who doesn’t have the lime in the coconut song stuck in their heads already?
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil (Where to buy)
- ½ cup glycerin soap base (Where to buy)
- 1 tsp. Coconut extract
- 10 drops lime essential oil (Where to buy)
- Zest of 1 lime, large
You will also need:
- silicone mold (Where to buy – note: I used a silicone muffin tin)
- small pot
- wooden spoon
1. Chop soap base into small 1” pieces to measure them out; this recipe does not require that you be precise…a general measurement is sufficient.
2. Place soap base in a small pot over medium heat, stirring frequently until completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and stir in coconut oil, sugar, coconut extract, lime essential oil, and lime zest; stir to combine well.
4. Quickly pour into mold; stir gently with a toothpick to remove air bubbles.
5. Allow mold to sit until completely cool and set for 4 to 5 hours.
6. Remove sugar scrub bars from mold and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Apply to wet skin in a circular motion, rinse away, pat skin dry.
These luxurious Coconut & Lime Sugar Scrub Bars are a special treat you can make yourself or they make a fantastic handmade gift for anytime of year. Pop them in a glass jar, add a pretty bow and a handmade tag, and you’re in business!
© 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.