The other day, meatballs were on sale at the grocery store…so of course I had to pick some up. Not in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs, I set off to figure out a different way to enjoy some meatballs. What I came up with – super-easy meatball sliders – were a hit.
They’re perfect as a meal-on-the-go, a crowd-pleasing appetizer at your next get-together, or as a kid-friendly sit-down dinner with a salad or fresh veggies and Ranch dip (my kids’ favorite).
How to make Meatball Sliders
Place a slice of cheese on each open roll.
Put a spoonful of spaghetti sauce on each roll.
Slice each meatball in half and place on top of each roll (3 meatballs fit my rolls perfectly).
Put top of roll on each slider and heat in a 400° oven until the cheese melts.
- 1 slider roll
- 2 frozen meatballs
- 1-2 tablespoons Spaghetti sauce
- 1 slice Provolone cheese
- Heat meatballs in the microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Place one roll-sized slice of cheese on each roll.
- Spoon about a tablesoon of spaghetti sauce on top of cheese (I like to put a little sauce on each side of the bun).
- Cut meatballs in half and place, cut side down, on top of sauce. Cover each slider with the top bun and place on cookie sheet.
- Heat in a 400° oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes (watch closely so that you don't over-toast your rolls).
I feel almost guilty calling this a “recipe” because it’s so fast and easy. But why argue simple yumminess?
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Vegetarian Quinoa Salad by Around My Family Table
- Meatball Sliders by Better in Bulk
- 15 Minute Beef and Broccoli StirFry by Jen’s Journey
- Bagel Pizzas by Just 2 Sisters
- Grilled Sourdough Chicken Fajita Ranch Melts by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.