I used to be horrible about washing my face before bed every night. Lately, I’ve tried to be much more consistent about washing the makeup and daily dirt off my face before heading to bed. However, I’ve noticed that some store-bought face wash can be too oily, too strong, or leave my skin way too dry.
The best way to combat this is to make your own and tweak the ingredients to suit your skin type. I mix just a few natural ingredients to create small batches of my favorite DIY moisturizing face wash. I keep a few natural ingredients on hand and, after the initial purchase, each batch costs just pocket change make! This face wash is great for all skin types and is safe to use morning and night for clean skin.
DIY Moisturizing Face Wash
It’s so easy to make your own moisturizing face wash with gentle, natural ingredients!
- ½ cup cup distilled water
- 1 tsp. Almond Castile soap (get it here)
- ½ tsp. Rosehip oil (get it here)
- 8 drops lavender essential oil (get it here)
1. Purchase or reuse a small plastic bottle with a pump or use a squeeze dispenser for easy use of your DIY face wash.
2. Carefully pour distilled water into your small dispenser bottle. I like to grab them in the travel section and make two at a time; one to keep by the bathroom sink and one in my travel bag.
3. Add your castile soap, rosehip oil, and lavender essential oil to the bottle.
4. Replace the lid and shake well to combine all ingredients. You will want to shake the bottle before each use for best results.
To use: Squeeze a dime-sized amount onto a damp washcloth or into your hand, lather, and and rub onto your wet face. Then rinse clean and pat dry. Follow up with a light moisturizer that is right for your skin type.
© 2017, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.