I don’t remember when my fruit smoothie fetish began, but I distinctly recall planning outings just so I could drive by the ice cream shop that served smoothies back in the late 90s. Because there weren’t any good smoothie shops near my home (40 minutes away was a bit far) and because I couldn’t justify $5.00 and a long drive for a small drink, I figured that I’d better experiment until I could make a satisfying smoothie at home.
I’ve now been making smoothies for many years. My husband and oldest daughter are quite accomplished smoothie makers as well. We each have our trademark taste. My husband likes milkier smoothies (and heavy on the bananas); KitKat likes her smoothies heavy on the berries and yogurt; and I am the Orange Juice smoothie girl. I can put just about anything in a smoothie as long as it has an OJ base.
Here is the recipe that I make most consistently:
- 1 cup 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- ⅓ cup Strawberry Quick or vanilla Instant Breakfast
- 4 ice cubes
- Dump all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Looking for an extra treat? Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Check out my Cold, Cough, and Flu kit made with Florida Orange Juice and connect with #FloridaOJ online (and at your nearest grocery store):
- On the web: FloridaJuice.com
- On Facebook: facebook.com/FloridaOrangeJuice
- On twitter with hashtag #FloridaOJ
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All cold and pneumonia symptoms (and opinions expressed) are my own, as always.
© 2012, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.