Last year, I chose the word Balance to be my word of the year. After a rough 2011, I was determined to create more balance in my home, family, work, and personal life. I kept the word balance in my head all year….but I’m not sure I really achieved it. And so I decided to focus on finding balance for 2013. I’m far from having perfected the balanced life, but I have learned a few things along the way.
Tips for finding more balance in your life
- Give your attention to the things that matter – pick the areas in your life that matter the most – whether that’s time with your family, strengthening friendships, building your business, or developing a hobby – and then focus your best energy on them.
- Identify time wasters – we’ve all got them. Whether it’s checking email obsessively or spending too much time in front of the tv…or playing Words With Friends on your phone a little too often, it’s smart to assess (and then sometimes eliminate) those things that take up time in your day that don’t matter at all.
- Build downtime into your schedule – taking time each day to relax is different than wasting time. While it’s important to spend time on productive activities, it’s also important to rest from responsibilities and deadlines every once in a while. Let yourself be happy. And don’t forget the importance of getting enough sleep.
- Get moving – exercise actually helps you get more done by giving you an energy boost…and it also boosts your ability to concentrate. So even though it might feel like exercise takes time OUT of your busy schedule, you’re actually making time FOR more productivity.
- Prepare – set goals, plan, and prepare to move forward and have a great year. You can do it (I promise).
So…I still have a little bit more work to go before I can say that I have achieved perfect balance…but I’m working on it. Today, though, I can introduce you to someone who HAS found perfect balance – Yopa! Authentic Greek Yogurt.
Have you tried all-new Yopa! authentic Greek yogurt, brought to you by the same people behind YoCrunch yogurt? If you’re anything like me, trying to balance health and great taste, then you need to run out to the store right now to grab some Yopa!
What makes Yopa! different from other Greek yogurts? They make their yogurt with farm-fresh, regionally-sourced milk from dairies close to where they make it. It takes four gallons of milk to make one gallon of Yopa! yogurt, but the end result is totally worth it.
Not only did they create a delicious, wholesome, nutritious yogurt, but they have added just the right toppings to go with each flavor. I have always been a fan of granola on my yogurt. I love a good parfait with fruit, granola, and chocolate. Yopa! has found “Balance Perfected” by pairing nine whole grain granola, toasted Blue Diamond almonds and dark chocolate with their fruit and vanilla flavors. And after trying some Yopa! yogurt last week, I can attest – it does work.
Benefits of Yopa! Greek Yogurt
- Great source of protein (each 3.5 oz cups contains at least 16% of the recommended daily allowance of protein)
- Good source of calcium
- 0 grams of cholesterol and trans fat
- Made with 5 cultures and 3 probiotics
- No preservatives or artificial colors (and only one product has artificial flavor – vanillin)
- Kosher certified
Speaking of balance, gold medalist Gabby Douglas is an expert, and she’s challenging you to take the Yopa! Taste Challenge where you can win a variety of prizes, including $10,000! Just “like” Yopa! on Facebook for a chance to win and to grab a coupon for $.50 (or more!) off one cup of Yopa! Authentic Greek Yogurt.
Be sure to check out the Yopa! promotion going on now through 4/15 – Simply like Yopa! Authentic Greek Yogurt on Facebook. You can enter daily for a chance to win the $10,000 cash prize as well as prizes like Gabby Douglas signed autobiographies and free product vouchers.
I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.