These Girls’ Night Out tips and giveaway are sponsored by P&G through SheSpeaks. All opinions are my own.
When my kids were little, Girls’ Night Outs were my lifeline. Luckily, I have a very understanding and supportive husband who not only encouraged me to take as many Girls’ Nights as possible, but sometimes nudged me to go out with my friends when what I thought I needed was a lazy evening in my sweats.
As much as I have always loved being a mom – and as fulfilled as I was doing the 3-Cs of mothering (cooking, cleaning and changing diapers) – I really did crave the companionship of other women my age. As tired as I was at the end of the day, and as much as I didn’t *think* I wanted to get dressed up and go out, GNO always did me a world of good.
Here are a few things I have learned over the years about creating the perfect Girls’ Night Out:
- Girls’ Night Out doesn’t have to be expensive or elaborate. Sometimes we just meet for chips and ice cream at the local Mexican restaurant and chat in the booth until they kick us out. Other times, a few of us will drive around and just laugh (and chat) in the car together. The destination is always secondary to the time we get to spend together.
- Put your best face on (even if no one is going to notice!). At the end of a long day, I don’t always feel like getting dressed up or putting much effort into the way I look. I just need to get out of the house. But without fail, when I put a fresh coat of make up on, do my nails, and pull out an outfit that I love, I always feel 1000 times better.
- Size doesn’t matter! Girls’ Night Out with all your best buddies is fun, but so is a date with just one other friend. Sometimes I enjoy the energy of a big group and other times I need to bond or vent or just relax with one friend.
- Plan something regular. I love having something set on the calendar. It gives me something to look forward to each month, and it helps to eliminate the last minute excuse. Not everyone can come each month, and that’s ok. We know we’ll always have the next month to look forward to.
- Invite someone new. As much as Girls’ Night Out has helped me over the years, I try to remember how I can pass the love on and reach out to someone new. It gives them a boost (that is probably sorely needed) and I make a new friend.
What do you love to do on Girls Night Out? What have you done to make it a success?
#PGBestForMe P&G Prize Pack Giveaway ($70+ value!)
I am thrilled to give away a fantastic package FULL of some of the best products from P&G, worth over $70!
The Giveaway Package Includes:
CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss
CoverGirl FlamedOut Mascara
Secret Clinical Strength Light & Fresh Scent
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Select-A-Size
Old Spice Fiji Body Wash
Crest 3D White Strips
This giveaway will run through April 22 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the US only. A winner will be chosen at random and notified via email after the giveaway has ended. Good luck!
P&G can help you find the best products for your special occasion. P&G’s beauty, grooming and home care brands have received hundreds of awards and recognitions from leading magazines, so you know you’ll get the look that works for you, no matter what. Create the perfect look for your special occasion this spring with P&G’s award-winning products.
Connect with P&G Everyday:
P&G everyday on Twitter: @PGeveryday
P&G everyday on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PGEveryday
P&G online store: https://pgestore.com/
Join the #PGBestForMe Twitter Party!
WHEN: Thursday, April 17 at 9pm ET
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
The flamed out mascara wuld do the trick a little makeup goes a long way.
Susan Christy says
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss – always feel prettier when I have a good manicure.
erin dear (@mummadear) says
The Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Spray Hair Gel is a must for getting my favorite hairstyle to late through date night!
Cassandra Eastman says
Herbal Essence shampoo would be great for a night out because it makes my hair smell so good!
Amelia Drew says
The secret would certainly make my night fresher, thus better!
The CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss. I don’t paint my nails often, and it makes me feel good when I do.
Kendra Frampton says
White Strips no doubt!
Deb K says
I want Crest with Scope as we love that!!
Betsy Barnes says
The Pantene Pro-V Anti-Frizz Curl Creme would be a wonderful product for a Girls Night Out, keeping my curls looking their best all night :)
Crest with Scope!!
D Schmidt says
The CoverGirl FlamedOut Mascara would make my night out better because I think it would help me highlight my eyes and draw attention away from my problem areas.
Colleen Boudreau says
Crest 3D Whitestrips so I have bright white teeth!
pantene hair conditioner to get my hair nice and shiny
Stephanie Brewer says
Aussie Totally Twisted hair care stuff. Because I have VERY curly hair and it is impossible to wrangle to look nice to go out.
The Crest 3D Whitestrips. you have to have white teeth
I want to try the covergirl clump crusher mascara
For me I’d need some pampers so my husband could take care of the kids and I’d need some nice and easy to brighten my hair
steven weber says
The Crest 3D Whitestrips.
Trisha Burgess says
The cover girl flamed out mascara!
Cheryl Free says
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss would make my Girls’ Night Out even better because we could use it after mani/pedis.
C R Williams says
Def the CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner
stacey b says
Pantene Pro-V would help, so that my hair is nice and shiny!
shelly peterson says
Cover Girl makeup and the Crest whitestrips kit would make my night out better.
Sents Saver says
definitely Secret Clinical Strength Light & Fresh Scent! I need to smell good & have fun without sweating!
courtney b says
i like crest white strips to make my teeth sparkly
I Love a clean house when I have a girls night at my place, so the Swiffers would be great for cleaning!
sara haaf says
secret clinical strength because I wouldn’t have to worry about sweating and stinking the place up.
Having my Secret deodorant on so that I don’t have to worry about smelling bad and my cover girl mascara so I can feel pretty. My husband would encourage me to go have girls night too when my girls were younger and he still does even though my girls are grown. Love the basket!!
Jessica To says
Crest Whitestrips would brighten my smile for a girl’s night out!
Natalie U says
I love the oil of Olay anti eye wrinkle cream. I need it because when you get in your forties, your skin changes and you need to try to slow the wrinkles.
I like to have my house clean with Mr Clean Magic Eraser for a girls night out and enjoy because I like to look good for every occasion with eye-makeup mascara curling flamed-out!
Jessie C. says
Pantene shampoo would make it better
Heather Hayes Panjon says
The Crest Be Dynamic Lime Spearmint Zest Flavor Toothpaste Would Give Me A Picture Perfect Smile For My Girl’s Night Out!
Kelly D says
Crest Pro Health toothpaste and Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer would be good for a night out so I can have a nice smile and skin.