When my kids were little, Girls’ Night Outs were my lifeline. Luckily, I have a very understanding and supportive husband who not only encouraged me to take as many Girls’ Nights as possible, but sometimes nudged me to go out with my friends when what I thought I needed was a lazy evening in my sweats.
As much as I have always loved being a mom – and as fulfilled as I was doing the 3-Cs of mothering (cooking, cleaning and changing diapers) – I really did crave the companionship of other women my age. As tired as I was at the end of the day, and as much as I didn’t *think* I wanted to get dressed up and go out, GNO always did me a world of good.
Here are a few things I have learned over the years about creating the perfect Girls’ Night Out:
- Girls’ Night Out doesn’t have to be expensive or elaborate. Sometimes we just meet for chips and ice cream at the local Mexican restaurant and chat in the booth until they kick us out. Other times, a few of us will drive around and just laugh (and chat) in the car together. The destination is always secondary to the time we get to spend together.
- Put your best face on (even if no one is going to notice!). At the end of a long day, I don’t always feel like getting dressed up or putting much effort into the way I look. I just need to get out of the house. But without fail, when I put a fresh coat of make up on, do my nails, and pull out an outfit that I love, I always feel 1000 times better.
- Size doesn’t matter! Girls’ Night Out with all your best buddies is fun, but so is a date with just one other friend. Sometimes I enjoy the energy of a big group and other times I need to bond or vent or just relax with one friend.
- Plan something regular. I love having something set on the calendar. It gives me something to look forward to each month, and it helps to eliminate the last minute excuse. Not everyone can come each month, and that’s ok. We know we’ll always have the next month to look forward to.
- Invite someone new. As much as Girls’ Night Out has helped me over the years, I try to remember how I can pass the love on and reach out to someone new. It gives them a boost (that is probably sorely needed) and I make a new friend.
What do you love to do on Girls Night Out? What have you done to make it a success?
#PGBestForMe P&G Prize Pack Giveaway ($70+ value!)
I am thrilled to give away a fantastic package FULL of some of the best products from P&G, worth over $70!
The Giveaway Package Includes:
CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss
CoverGirl FlamedOut Mascara
Secret Clinical Strength Light & Fresh Scent
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Select-A-Size
Old Spice Fiji Body Wash
Crest 3D White Strips
This giveaway will run through April 22 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the US only. A winner will be chosen at random and notified via email after the giveaway has ended. Good luck!
P&G can help you find the best products for your special occasion. P&G’s beauty, grooming and home care brands have received hundreds of awards and recognitions from leading magazines, so you know you’ll get the look that works for you, no matter what. Create the perfect look for your special occasion this spring with P&G’s award-winning products.
Connect with P&G Everyday:
Join the #PGBestForMe Twitter Party!
WHEN: Thursday, April 17 at 9pm ET
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.