In an incredible turn of events, I was able to arrange to go to Type A Parent Conference this year.
Times like these call for lists.
What to pack for a Blogging Conference
- Clothes – I am going for cute and comfortable. Forget fancy. I always pack a few extra outfits for conferences since I tend to wear something different during the conference sessions versus at night at the parties. A light sweater is helpful for chilly conference rooms.
- Toiletries – yes, hotels usually have soap, lotion, and shampoo, but it’s nice to have the products that you use everyday. Don’t forget hair products, face cleansers, lotions, a razor, tooth paste, etc. Don’t forget make up and brush and anything else you might need to get pretty (you’ll be in a ton of pictures).
- Medicines and vitamins – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left my house without my headache medicine. You’d think I’d know by now that I need to pack plenty of Tylenol. Also, don’t forget those daily pills.
- Electronics – we are bloggers. We tend to be connected in every way possible. Don’t forget to bring along the important things: camera, video cam, cell phone, laptop…
- Chargers and batteries – don’t forget to pack the chargers and batteries to keep all those electronics running!
- Memory cards, etc – Thumb drives, memory cards for your camera, etc are critical to keep things running smoothly, too.
- Business cards – You will use them, I promise. Business cards are crucial when meeting and connecting with businesses and brands as well as making a connection with other bloggers. Pack plenty of them.
- Something to hold all the business cards – You will collect a ton of business cards at a conference. You don’t want to stuff them at the bottom of your bag. My favorite method is the hole-punch-and-ring method. I’ll be sure to take a picture of my card collector at Type-A.
- A day bag – Whether it’s a laptop bag, a purse, or a camera bag, make sure you’ve got a bag that will carry your essentials during the day.
- A night bag – It’s helpful to pack a small bag that can fit phone, camera, keys, and money for parties and nights on the town.
- Comfortable shoes – Because I don’t typically have my car with me at conferences, I end up walking quite a bit. Whether it’s an off-site party or a dinner with friends, you don’t want to have to walk city blocks in heels (trust me – I’ve done it).
- Phone numbers – It’s sometimes tough to find and connect with those blogging friends that you are eager to meet up with. It’s so helpful if you have cell numbers to send a quick “Want to meet in the lobby?” text.
- An extra bag – Conferences are not about the swag, but you will be headed home with plenty of extras nonetheless. You don’t want to leave things behind simply because they won’t fit in your packed-to-the-brim suitcase.
- Conference Schedule – it’s handy to print the schedule off before the trip so that you can plan what classes, parties, and meals you will be attending.
- Paper and pen – Sometimes, despite our electronic gadgets and gizmos, a classic notebook and pen are exactly what you need.
What else is on your conference packing list? Did I miss something critical?
And the bigger question….will I be seeing you at Type-A Conference tomorrow?
© 2011 – 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.