I’ve been posting a 15 Minute Supper recipe every Friday since October, and yet a week ago, I realized that I had never shared one of my family’s easiest and favorite meals, quick or not. It’s so easy, it’s ridiculous.
I don’t claim that it’s authentic….but it IS tasty and VERY kid-friendly. I often make extra rice just so we can have ham fried rice the next day. And no matter how much fried rice I cook, there is never any left over.
You can make fresh rice or use leftover rice – either way, the end result is fantastic.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large wok over medium-high heat; swirl to cover the bottom of the pan. In a small bowl, beat eggs and water. Add to wok and cook, without stirring, until cooked through. Remove from wok, cut into thin strips, and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to wok and stir fry vegetables, plus garlic or ginger, for 5 minutes. Add ham to wok and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, eggs and soy sauce. Add soy sauce to taste and…Enjoy!
Need more quick suppers? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Quick Ham Fried Rice from Better in Bulk
- Quick French Dip Subs with Homemade BBQ Potato Chips from Jen’s Journey
- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole from Monzanita’s
- Taco Salad from Songs Kate Sang
- Tomato Bisque Crab Soup from Just 2 Sisters
- Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas from Around My Family Table
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.