Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by Green Giant® through MyBlogSpark. All thoughts are my own.
Bullying is a topic that hits too close to home.
It’s unfortunate. It’s painful. It’s heartbreaking. And I know that my family is not alone.
That’s why I’m sharing this important message about how we can all take small and simple – but meaningful – steps to stand up to bullying – and stop bullying now.
Watch this video to see how Green Giant, partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center and We Day Minnesota, suggests that we start:
The mission of the “Raise a Giant” initiative is straight forward: we can stop bullying when kids (those who are being bullied or those who witness it) simply speak up and say, “That’s not right. That’s not okay.” As simple as may be to say the words “in theory,” though, finding the courage to stand up and say something is not always so easy. That’s where parents and mentors come in.
What you should know about bullying:
What can you do?
- Write a letter to your kids telling them how special they are and encouraging them to be part of the bullying prevention solution by being a giant.
- Encourage friends and family members in your community to write their own letters and post them at RaiseAGiant.com
- Share the Raise a Giant Video, Infographic (below), and Tips For Talking To Your Kids About Bullying (PDF) on your blog, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (*you are welcome to share any of the infographics found here or save them to your computer to share elsewhere).
- Change your Facebook profile picture to the Raise A Giant icon (right) to show your support.
What Does it Mean To Be A Giant?
Being a giant isn’t about being the biggest or the best. Being a giant means standing up for others. It means lending a hand to those who are in trouble and speaking up for those who sometimes find it hard to speak up for themselves.
Find more tips and graphics to share on Green Giant’s Facebook page.
What to say to your child about bullying:
About Green Giant’s “Raise a Giant” Partners:
- PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center
- We Day Minnesota
– Green Giant is partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center to develop an in-school student-to-student curriculum helping students understand how they can handle bullying. This partnership enables Green Giant to help those impacted directly by bullying – students.
– Green Giant is one of the proud title sponsors of We Day Minnesota – a stadium sized youth empowerment event that brings together inspiring speakers and performers to celebrate students who are making a difference both locally and globally. By sponsoring We Day, Green Giant is able to equip educators and youth with the tools and resources they need to become effective advocates of bullying prevention and peer-to-peer support.
$25 Gift Card Giveaway
General Mills is sending a $25 gift card to one lucky Better in Bulk reader. Please enter on the Rafflecopter below by November 9, 2013, at midnight when a winner will be selected at random and notified via email. Good luck!
Please note, it is not required as part of the giveaway to share the infographics or video in this post, but I highly encourage you to do so! This is such an important topic! We can all stand up together to end bullying. Thanks for your help!
© 2013, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.